Campus Celeb: Fare Olagbaju

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity seems to know everyone on campus! Although most people know that he’s an international student, do you know where Fare is from or why he choose Xavier? We chatted with him to get all the details about being an international student in Cincinnati! 

Campus Celebrity: Fare OlagbajuHometown: Lagos, NigeriaYear: JuniorMajor: Economics with minor in Political ScienceHobbies: Running, coffee making, soccer and tumblr

As an international student, how did you come across Xavier? Why did you want to go here? I get this really often, especially because I’m from a country it takes half a day to get to by plane. I looked for a private school that gave good financial aid with a good business program. Xavier was really helpful with my application process and, because I was unable to visit any of the schools I applied to, this helped a lot.

What’s it like being far from home? What do you miss the most? Honestly it’s not really bad, but some days I just wish the weather wasn’t as cold, or I could just just enjoy the views from driving around different areas of Lagos. Home is where the heart is.

Do you want to move back or stay here in Cincinnati? I would like to move back when I’m done with school, but for now I’d love to live in either New York, Georgetown, or Chicago.

What are you most involved in on campus? The African Students’ Association, International Students’ Society, and I’m slowly getting involved with the CFJ. 

Favorite superhero: All the X-MenFavorite food: Pizza or momma’s spaghettiFavorite place to travel to: Best place I’ve been to is Barcelona, but I’d love to go somewhere in Italy or France sometime soon.Fun fact: I can speak a little French even though Nigeria was an English colony

Brittany is a senior accounting major from Saint Louis, Missouri and is a Campus Correspondent for Xavier University. When not organizing Her Campus Xavier, she can be found working with Tedx Xavier University or Xavier Women in Business. She  wishes she could spend all of her free time with puppies.