Wellness > Health

8 “Yoga With Adriene” Videos To Get You Through This Pandemic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Like so many other people during the coronavirus pandemic, I have been missing going to the gym. While I wouldn’t say I necessarily enjoy the gym, I appreciate what the gym does for me. I had previously discovered “Yoga With Adriene” when I was studying abroad, and this is the perfect time to get into yoga as not only is it a good workout but it can help with all the anxiety and stressful feelings a lot of us are having right now.

Yoga for a Complete Beginner (20 Minutes)

For someone who is just getting into yoga this is for you. It’s a good workout but it’s not too long or strenuous on the body

Yoga to get the Juices Flowing (6 minutes)

Listen I understand, sometimes you don’t have a long time to work but you still want to get the body up and moving. This is for you. While not long don’t think that Adriene won’t still kick your butt.

Yoga for Flexibility (16 minutes)

I am on a perpetual quest to touch my toes and this video is always helpful. A fantastic stretch that doesn’t just focus on stretching your legs but all other parts of the body. You’ll feel flexible and refreshed after

Sunrise Yoga (15 minutes)

An absolute classic. This is not just for morning yoga people but all yoga people though it is done best in the morning. When I think of a nice classic yoga practice this is the one I think of. 

Yoga for Upper Body Strength (13 Minutes)

Now please know that I have no upper body strength and you must be thinking Allie this practice is only 13 minutes long how bad could it be. Every time I have ever done this video, it has kicked my ass in the most loving way. I highly recommend it but if you don’t have a lot of arm strength all I’m saying is be prepared to be sore.

Yoga for Cramps and PMS (20 minutes)

To anyone who gets bad cramps this one’s for you. You are welcome.

Yoga for Anxiety and Stress (30 minutes)

Listen, yoga is a good physical workout but it’s also great for your emotions and mental health. This practice targets just that and in times like these play this video as many times as you need it. I know I have.

No Fear Yoga (37 minutes)

This is a long one, I know but it’s worth it. I did this practice the first time before my finals while I was abroad and it helped me kick butt and it has every time I need it. 

Now if you don’t find what you’re looking for with my favorite “Yoga With Adriene” videos there are many more videos than what I’ve listed here and hopefully you can find one that works for you. Here is Adriene’s youtube channel if you are looking for something else. Know that she has a monthly calendar on her website and youtube channel so you don’t even have to pick the workout if you don’t want to. I highly recommend her channel because you will find what feels good.

Allison Kane

Xavier '20

Allison Kane is a senior Marketing major and Spanish minor at Xavier University. When she's not working on the HerCampus Xavier Marketing Team, she spends her time, playing catch with her "unwilling" friends, eating Kit Kats and haning out with her fish.