5 Reasons Why You NEED to Watch the Star Wars Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

1. The Story

If you watch the movies chronologically the story unfolds itself with incredible plot twists and immense development of characters. Mystery, fiction, action, excitement and even love create a story unlike any other with one of the greatest reveals of all time will leave you under the movies spell.

2. The Score

John Williams composed music that would perfectly match each scene throughout all of the movies. Even if a person has not seen Star Wars, upon hearing the music, they know what movie the song is from. Something new and something old seamlessly combine into a perfect package. The Star Wars score is a masterpiece.

3. Good vs Evil 

The timeless battle between good and evil exists even in a cosmic dimension. Star Wars is a battle of good versus evil, Jedi versus Sith, with the motivation for each side to win, survive, and ensure their existence. The story of Darth Vader’s past personifies evil and expresses a greater truth: good and evil are created by our choices.

4. To Know To NEVER Take The Job As Imperial Admiral

This reason speaks for itself, if you are looking for a job and see the title “Imperial Admiral” run in the other direction… and run fast.

5. The Characters 

Yoda is one of the most identifiable characters in the series. Old and wise, Yoda’s appearance is deceiving for he is the strongest of them all. Darth Vader is the villain we love to hate and is one of the greatest villains in cinematic history… a cruel badass with an unexpected history. Han Solo, the gun slinging space cowboy who doesn’t care about anything but somehow still captures your heart. The list of great characters goes on and on. Go see the movies to see the rest for yourself!

BONUS: To understand why your boyfriend says, “I know” when you tell him you love him. 

Layla Helton is a senior Advertising/Media Studies major born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. When she is not writing for HCXU she can be found sitting on her couch working, studying or watching the Bengals game. She spends the majority of her free time with her "goon squad" of friends engaging in all sorts of shenanigans.
Brittany is a senior accounting major from Saint Louis, Missouri and is a Campus Correspondent for Xavier University. When not organizing Her Campus Xavier, she can be found working with Tedx Xavier University or Xavier Women in Business. She  wishes she could spend all of her free time with puppies.