The 4 Pairs of Boots That Will Get You Through This Fall and Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Winter is coming… and we’ve forgotten how to wear shoes that aren’t sandals. But good news collegiettes: it’s boot season. Here are 4 pairs for every occasion this fall and winter!

1. The Equestrian Boot

Source

Riding boots add an instant prep factor to your outfit, and will make you look more refined yet still casual. Added bonus: they slim and lengthen your leg! Get a pair that can handle tough weather and you’ll have a chic alternative to rainboots.

2. Short Boots

Source

Short boots are the Jack-of-all-trades of the shoe world.  Everything from lace up to motorcycle to combat boots fall under the category of “short boots”, so you can choose whatever best suits your style. A little edgier and definitely more versatile than riding boots, you can wear short boots with skinnies, skirts, or dresses, from class to parties. 

3. Snow Boots

Source

When campus ices over and the snow piles up, those Uggs aren’t going to cut it. Instead, invest in a pair of snow boots like these L.L. Bean shearling lined Bean Boots. Pair with leggings and scrunched socks to keep your toes toasty and dry and your style on point.

4. Heeled Booties

Source

Heeled booties are perfect for more formal occasions, or when you want to upgrade a casual outfit.  This pair by Michael Kors comes in black or brown, and either color can be worn day or night.

Danielle Curtis is a Junior at Xavier University and is HCXU's Campus Correspondent. She is majoring in English with minors in media studies and writing. She loves traveling, reading, and watching videos of failed marriage proposals.