12 Times Nathan & Haley from One Tree Hill Were #Goals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

In the first couple episodes of One Tree Hil1, a 2003 to 2012 hit television show on The CW, basketball player Nathan Scott and tutor Haley James’s relationship had us falling in love right alongside them (spoiler alert: they end up together!). Starting as a typical jock and girl next door, throughout the show we are able to see how they transform their high school whirlwind romance into a “forever”-kind of love that is able to weather the storms of any long-term relationship. From the first moment they’re alone together on screen to the last shot of their family, we’ve sorted through all the most “aww” worthy moments to help us remember what makes Naley some serious #RelationshipGoals. 

When Nathan gave her the bracelet: 

When they kissed for the first time in the rain: 

Every time they said, “Always and forever”: 

When she was always his biggest cheerleader (on & off the court), and he was hers: 

When they could read each other’s minds: 

When they had a baby (even though it was on their graduation day): 

When they were always just two best friends in love: 

When they became the cutest family ever: 

When Haley found out Nathan made it to the NBA:

When they always tell each other how much they appreciate and love each other: 

When they were reunited after Nathan was kidnapped: 

… and because basically they are always goals: 

Image sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.

Lauren is a senior Marketing major, with minors in Economics and Gender & Diversity Studies at Xavier University. She calls Nashville, Tennessee home, and is the Campus Correspondent and President of HCXU. When she is not writing, she is planning events on the Student Activities Council, building her resume with her brothers in Delta Sigma Pi, or making random Spotify playlists. She is a Diet Coke enthusiast, and wishes she could spend every day hiking or playing with her dog. 
Brittany is a senior accounting major from Saint Louis, Missouri and is a Campus Correspondent for Xavier University. When not organizing Her Campus Xavier, she can be found working with Tedx Xavier University or Xavier Women in Business. She  wishes she could spend all of her free time with puppies.