10 Reasons Why Xavier is Better than UC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

The big Crosstown Shootout game is this weekend, and the Musketeers and X-Treme fans are more than ready. In honor of one of our biggest basketball events of the year, we’ve compiled ten reasons why Xavier is better than our competitors a mile away. Let the best team win (and by best team, we mean us). 

Her Campus Xavier found it fitting to have a little friendly competition between us and the ladies over at Her Campus UC! Head over to our Facebook page and like our link to this article to help us beat UC! 

10. Our campus is beautiful. 

9. What’s exactly is a bearcat? 

Is it a bear or is it a cat? And how did that cross-breed happen? We’ll stick with D’Artagnan. 

8. We’re one of the top schools in the nation. 

Consistently in the regional and national rankings, Xavier academics are unparalleled. 

7. Our X is so versatile. 

And we look mighty cute doing it. 

6. George Clooney and Leo DiCaprio know who to root for on Wednesday. 

We’re just saying. 

5. We have TWO mascots (& the Blob was once Playboy’s Mascot of the Month). 

And we wouldn’t give them up for anything. 

4. It’s intimidating to play in Cintas Center. 

Now, we know we won’t be playing in Cintas Center, but this goes to show we have some pretty X-Treme Fans (who will be in attendance at the game). 

3. We’re men and women for others. 

From Community Action Day to Alternative Breaks, students and alumni make a difference here in Ohio and around the world. 

2. The very first game ever played against each other… Xavier won. 

This rivalry goes back all the way to 1927 which was a win for X. Cincinnati might have the lead in wins overall, but let’s not forget that Xavier has won 12 of the last 18 games. 

1. This is OUR town.

The Queen’s City is our town. UC better watch out, because X gonna give it to ya. 

Brittany is a senior accounting major from Saint Louis, Missouri and is a Campus Correspondent for Xavier University. When not organizing Her Campus Xavier, she can be found working with Tedx Xavier University or Xavier Women in Business. She  wishes she could spend all of her free time with puppies.