This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WWU chapter.

It’s that time of year again—the end of another quarter! That means Western will be losing some amazing people as they graduate and move on to bigger things. Here are our Campus Celebrities this week, a handful of students who are graduating this winter quarter!

Name: Zach DugovichHometown: Mukilteo, WAMajor: Political Science (minor in public relations) What are your post grad plans?: I applied for a lobbying position in Washington D.C. with the American Federation of State County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) a few weeks ago and to my astonishment, I received a call back. I have an interview scheduled in mid-April and if all goes to plan, I’ll be moving to the East coast after graduation this summer. How do you feel now that you’re about to graduate?: Honestly, its bittersweet. I’ve loved my time here at Western, it hass become my home. My experiences at this University, both good and bad, have shaped me in to the individual I am today. When something plays such a pivotal role in your life, saying goodbye isn’t easy or taken lightly. I am, however, ready for something new, a change of scenery, and I can’t wait to begin the next phase of my life. What’s one thing you wish you had done while in college?: Other than streak through the quad into the gymnasium? I wish I had become involved in the Associated Students earlier on in my collegiate career rather than waiting until my senior year. What was your favorite thing about Western?: ​It’s funny, I used to think I loved Western because it’s such a beautiful campus, located in such a beautiful area. To me, it was all about the external factors. But this past year, as I see fewer and fewer familiar faces on campus, as friends graduate and move on, I finally understand why I love Western. I love this University because of the people I’ve met and the memories I’ve made. My favorite thing about Western is the students, faculty and staff- without them, it’s just another school.  

Name: Shelby HintonHometown: Seattle, WAMajor: History major, Anthropology minorWhat are your post-grad plans?: I am moving back home to Seattle and hoping to start a career at Nordstrom, since I have always had a love for fashion and its industry.How do you feel now that you’re about to graduate?: Now that I’m about to graduate I am so overjoyed and excited about it. It seems like just yesterday I was getting dropped off at the dorms. It has always been a dream and a goal of mine to graduate from college ever since I was a little girl. I am the first one in my family to ever go to college so I am happy that I can make my family proud.What’s one thing you wish you had done while in college?: One thing I wish I did in college was an internship. I have realized now how extremely important they are and I wish I would have taken advantage of that!!What was your favorite thing about Western?: My favorite thing about Western was how once you get into your major, the class sizes get smaller. I loved having a smaller class environment, which not only did it make it easier to learn, but it was nice getting to know my peers and professors.

Name: Nicholas EblingHometown: Mercer Island, WAMajor: Communication StudiesWhat are your post-grad plans?: Plans for post grad life include, moving back to the home town of Seattle, seeking employment that utilizes my major.How do you feel now that you’re about to graduate?: Relived! Can’t wait to leave Bellingham and start something new!What’s one thing you wish you had done while in college?:  Taken freshmen year far more seriously. What was your favorite thing about Western?: Friends.

Name: Mackenzie Stevenson, but everyone calls me Mack, or Mack SteveHometown: The lovely, itty, bitty 2 stop light Graham Washington! #RepresentMajor: I have many! KInesiology, Psychology, Education and ManagementWhat are your post-grad plans?: I have been looking forward to the moment I can get a pup and a place of my own. With *no* people (maybe McKenzie Alley near McKenzie Apartments next to McKenzie Ave in Fairhaven?…no joke, it’s a real thing, I dare you to look it up haha). I will be traveling back to my other home Juneau Alaska <3 ! I already have 4 weddings to attend in June alone! I will continue working at Hoagland Pharmacy, nannying for a family here in Bellingham, landscaping, house cleaning, and apply to the Wildfire Services for this summer. I plan to do some flying and glacier climbing. Definitely a lot of surfing, eating too much ice cream for my own good and attending Watershed for the first time. You'll be sure to find me sunset chasing and doing a decent amount of sailing with my new (to me) class c sailor.How do you feel now that you’re about to graduate?: HOLY SMOKES. My lanta…. It is the biggest breath of fresh air, EVER. I have family coming up from Fort Worth (TX) and I cannot wait to spend time with them. I have been in college since my junior year of high school (for 2 years I was a full time HS student and full time college student) and so for the longest time this didn’t feel real. I think it’s starting to sink it that I will have more choice to do what I want with my free time and it will be a weird sensation to get past the feeling that I have homework or studying or class to attend…when I don’t.What is one thing you wish you had done while in college?: Not cared so much about what everyone else is doing. I’m no people pleaser by *any* means and so you wouldn’t have known how often I compared myself to the success of others unless you were the conscious in my head. And I wish I had more fun! I was such a tight wad. I think the only thing I am afraid of is failing, which will really motivate anyone to succeed is some form or fashion. I try everything at least once!…ok, maybe not everything haha!What was your favorite thing about Western?: I’ll just warn you there isn’t a singular favorite…I love how everything transforms (blooms!) when spring arrives. If you want to make any girl (specifically me) happy any day…give me flowers. Lots and lots of flowers. I enjoy the hiking that’s available, the geocaching, praise God for the Lake House where you can rent kayaks $3 all-inclusive for the whole day, the rafting trips and snow shoe rentals via the Outdoor center, the puppies on campus (DUH), listening to the WellWishers (a good group of friends from my first year on campus), The Underground (the hot cocoa with cardamomon top is to die for), the Registrar himself is by far the best adviser anyone could have, and lastly how close it is to Fairhaven (which is the jewel, and all time favorite place, of it all in my mind).

Name: Jackie HellerHometown: Lynden, WAMajor: Communication StudiesWhat are your post-grad plans?: Gain more event planning experience, work full-time, move and find a good job/career!How do you feel now that you’re about to graduate?: I feel good. There are some things about my major that have definitely not prepared me to graduate.What’s one thing you wish you had done while in college?: I wish I would have done an internship sooner to figure out what I wanted to do. I also wish I could have studied abroad, but it is too expensive.What was your favorite thing about Western?: The community and atmosphere.

Name: Claire PerrinHometown: Renton, WAMajor: Communication StudiesWhat are your post-grad plans?: I have a retail management internship with Nordstrom in Bellevue beginning in June.How do you feel now that you’re about to graduate?:  I feel great! The whole thing is pretty surreal, though. I don’t think it’ll hit me until I’m completely out of Bellingham. I’m excited to move on with my life, but sad to leave people and experiences behind!What’s one thing you wish you had done while in college?:  I wish I had been more involved in clubs. I also wish I would have utilized professors’ office hours more. I didn’t find out how helpful they could be until a few months ago.What was your favorite thing about Western?:  I really love the setting around WWU. Bellingham is a really cool place and it has been wonderful to be surrounded by natural beauty! There’s a ton of stuff to do outside. I also like the size of the university.

Name: Johanna DoickHometown: Everett, WAMajor: Communication StudiesWhat are your post-grad plans?: I am going to New York for a week to celebrate my accomplishments before I face the “real world”. Applying for jobs is one thing I am going to be doing and once I receive a job I am happy with, I am going to work full time and hopefully make my way up in the business! How do you feel now that you’re about to graduate?: I am still in a state of shock almost due to time going by so quickly. I feel like I was just a freshman on campus and now I am about to have a diploma! It is crazy but I am really excited.What’s one thing you wish you had done while in college?: One thing I wish I would have done was attend more on campus events. I was so involved in studying and my own social life that I really only went to campus for class. Paying for college is expensive and I wish I would have taken the time to really use all of the accessible “features/amenities” that were available and provided. What was your favorite thing about Western?: My favorite part about Western was the geographic location. I absolutely love old, historic Fairhaven as well as downtown in which you are able to walk around everywhere. The water was a three minute drive from my house and about a seven minute drive from campus; the views are beautiful. This was a really amazing asset to the University.

I am a junior at Western Washington University majoring in Communication Studies and minoring in Psychology. I am a country music addict, a Seahawks fan, a lover of animals, & I enjoy travelling.