Online Resources for Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WWU chapter.

In this age of technology and learning, the Internet has become an incredible resource, from learning to shopping for that perfect party dress. But what resources are out there, and how can they benefit you?

Saylor Academy

Founded on the principal that education should be free and accessible to everyone, Saylor provides courses in an array of topics, from Biology to art History.  Great when you have to study for an exam or missed a day of lecture, Saylor Academy can help you stay up to date in your classes.

WolframAlpha

This website is great for when you have a math assignment you just can’t understand, or a chemical equation you can’t seem to balance.  Ask anything, and you’ll be sure to find an answer.

The HW App

This app is a lifesaver.  Available on all Apple devices, use it to keep track of important assignments and deadlines, without having to carry around a bulky planner.

Study Guide Zone

Do you have a big exam coming up, but you’re not sure what to study? Study Guide Zone has specialized study guides for almost every topic under the sun, to make your next exam go a bit smoother.

Project Gutenberg

If you need a book that’s public domain, save yourself a trip to the library, and download it free on this website.

My name is Julia, and I'm currently a freshman at Western Washington University. I love hiking and the outdoors, and drinking way too much tea.