How to Plan the Best Summer Road Trip

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WWU chapter.

Summer is very near and we are all getting excited for all the cool things we are going to do. Road trips are not only super fun but they are a lot cheaper than going to some exotic location. Plus, they are one of the best things to do with a few friends. Whether you decide to go on just a day trip or decide to leave your everyday life for a week, road trips are super easy to do. You can go by yourself or with a whole group of friends, no matter what, you are guaranteed to have some fun. 

The first step is the planning. So many people always talk about how fun it would be to go on a trip, but that is as far as it really ever gets. You have to determined that it’s actually going to happen. If you plan right and do the research, you can find free places to camp, making your trip significantly less expensive. 

Going on a trip with some friends is always great but it is also good to experience the world by yourself sometimes. Having your own schedule and doing just what you want for a few days is very refreshing. Just makes sure that someone knows where you are so no one thinks you have dropped off the face of the earth. 

You really only need to bring a few things to have a blast. A sleeping bag, a few changes of clothes, a swimming suit of course, a cooler and food, and a way to document your amazing experience. Bringing your sense of adventure is also a must.

Having a summer full of exploring with friends or even by yourself is super easy to do. It just takes a little bit of planning and some determination to have a trip you will never forget.