books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Why Group Projects are the Worst

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Getting work done by yourself is hard enough, but when you throw in other people that you have to work with – life gets harder. If you work best independently, chances are the thought “group projects are the worst,” has crossed your mind. Here’s a list of reasons why group projects really are the worst.

1. Nobody can meet, ever.

2. You have to email or text the members of your group at least ten times before you get a response.

3. Group projects seem to happen at the most inopportune times – usually around the end of the semester when you have a thousand other things to do.

4. Ideas mostly come from you or one other group member because everyone else is “cool with whatever.”

5. You end up having to put your project on a Google Doc just to get some participation from everyone else in your group.

6. And then you end up doing it all by yourself anyways because you want a good grade.

7. And the worst reason of all – the other members of your group get the credit for all your hard work.