This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

It’s officially the holiday season, and while we all love Thanksgiving, there are some other special days in November that you may have never even heard of. So, take a break from thinking about turkey, and take some time for these special days!

November 11th – Veterans Day: A day set aside to honor those who have served in the military. Thank you, Veterans.  

November 13th – World Kindness Day: Although we should be kind every day, this day is an opportunity to be extra kind!

November 15th – Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day: I wouldn’t suggest waiting all year to celebrate this day, but cleaning out your fridge is never a bad idea.

November 22nd – National Start Your Own Country Day: This one might require a little imagination, but I’m sure you can find some way to celebrate!

November 28th – Red Planet Day: A day just to celebrate Mars – I think an all-red outfit would be a totally out of this world way to celebrate.

November 29th – National Square Dance Day: YEE-HAW! Maybe you could try this with some Christmas music?

There are days aplenty to celebrate this month, you don’t have to wait for Thanksgiving!