Staying Fierce During Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Collegiette, it’s that time of the year again… tests, juries, papers and lab practicals galore. How is there even time to take care of your personal health at the same time as studying and reading over the last three month’s material for several classes? Here’s how: 

1. Dry Shampoo. The miracle worker for all day-old, two-day-old and sometimes three-day (for those extra-stressful times) hair.  Showers are always a good way to relax, but if you’re on a time crunch, don’t worry about washing your hair.  Any drug store, Walmart, or even Marshall’s, has dry shampoo.  Not Your Mother’s and Batiste are great dry shampoo brands to try!

2. Cocoa Butter. A treasure to have during the colder months more than any other time. This stuff is so useful for all kinds of purposes, including pimples, redness, chapped lips, stretch marks and dry skin. I put some on after a shower under my eyes and on my lips and it keeps them feeling soft and smooth all day long!  Palmer’s is affordable, and you can either buy a tub of it, a bottle, or a swivel stick similar to a glue stick. This stuff is a lot of benefit in a small package!

3. Coffee. One of the few blessings bestowed upon college students.  Caffeine is a huge help while studying, and if you don’t get enough sleep at night, drinking a hot mug of coffee in the morning can help you get set for the day.  Drinking it at night can be dangerous for your sleeping patterns, so only do so if you desperately need to stay awake. Most colleges allow students to have Keurigs or some other single serve coffee maker.  K-cups are easy to keep in a dorm room and somewhat affordable because you can buy large packages. They even have pumpkin spice

4. BB Cream. A lighter foundation for your makeup. During the most stressful part of the semester, the last thing we want to be worrying about is makeup and break outs.  However, looking flawless during your exam is always important!  With a little BB cream, mascara and lip gloss, you’re ready to go! Urban Decay is always a good type, but if you already know of a good brand for your skin, don’t stray away. 

Just remember, you’re perfect no matter what, collegiette!  Ace your finals and have an amazing break! 

I love makeup and caffeine.
Maty recently graduated Summa Cum Laude from West Virginia Wesleyan College (WVWC), and she couldn’t be more excited to return to the Her Campus family as a member of the Community Team.  Maty’s passion for writing has guided her through most of her adult life, and it eventually brought her to to the Her Campus Chapter Network as a Style Blogger for Her Campus WVWC. Maty would go on to become Campus Correspondent of her chapter, as well as an intern for Her Campus National and a Chapter Advisor.  Through her different roles at HC, Maty quickly fell in love with the mission and purpose of the Her Campus Chapter Network—and in her new role, Maty has the rare and coveted opportunity to do what she loves on a daily basis by working with a growing network of 360+ college chapters.    When Maty isn’t at the office, she’s usually out exploring, cooking some random recipe she found on Pinterest, or cuddling with her adorable corgi, Winnie.  Follow Maty on Twitter and Instagram !