Spring Break Dos and Don’ts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Hey collegiette! Spring Break has finally arrived, and I know you are bursting with excitement as you prepare to embark on your own mini-adventure. Before you head out to your relaxing destination (whether it be the beach or your bed), please remember these few brief do’s and don’ts in order to ensure the perfect mid-semester getaway.

Do: Plan fun things with those you truly care about. Gather your girlfriends and prepare a day filled with laughs and crazy adventures! Make sure that you arrange for the most comfortable car, with the (semi) safest driver, and the most head-banging playlist!

Don’t: Netflix and chill every day. Of course bingeing on Gossip Girl until your eyes begin to bleed might be enjoyable, but you don’t want to spend your few days of freedom trapped inside your bedroom with your eyes locked on a computer screen. Remember to get out and catch some fresh air! I promise you won’t regret it.

Do: Take millions of squad selfies! No matter how far (or near) you might travel for Spring Break, you will always treasure the amazing memories you were able to capture behind the lens. You could also craft some cute picture frames for additional dorm décor.

Don’t: Capture embarrassing or inappropriate photos of people, including yourself. Everyone’s interpretations of fun are different. Along with that interpretation comes elements or activities that one may not want to be associated with. Enjoy the activities you enjoy, but use your best judgement to determine whether or not you should post that lit Snapchat of your best friend.

Do: Wear clothes (bathing/swim suits included) that you feel incredible in! Flaunt the flawless beauty that you are and own every ounce of it. SLAY IN THE BIKINI. SLAY IN THE ONE-PIECE. SLAY IN THE JUMPER. SLAY IN THE MAXI DRESS. Moral of this do, collegiette: always SLAY.

Don’t: Spend one moment of your relaxing vacation fretting about your body/appearance/clothing. If you allow that to happen, refer back to the previous do.

Do: Make time for family. I know you only get seven days, but surely you can sacrifice one (or at least a portion of one) to devote to an enjoyable outing with a parent/sibling/etc. Believe it or not, they really miss you and always having the opportunity to spend time with you! Taking that time out of your vacation to devote to a loved one will not go unnoticed, and I think you will be very glad you fit your fam into your schedule.

Don’t: Allow irrelevant trolls to determine YOUR vacation. You are the boss. You call the shots. You have the best Spring Break vacation of your life. You win.

So collegiette, I hope that these few dos and don’ts will help guide you to make the most of Spring Break 2k16. Have fun and be safe!