RLCG Writes: Is it possible for a woman to be beautiful without having to try to be beautiful?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

“I dress up for me, to be beautiful for me.”

Beauty is:

“the quality present in a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind, whether arising from sensory manifestations (as shape, color, sound, etc.), a meaningful design or pattern, or something else (as a personality in which high spiritual qualities are manifest).”

The breakdown of the definition of beauty is:

1) “the quality present in a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind…”

Beauty is a mindset. Just because your eyes or some magazine might not tell you your beautiful if you think and believe you are, your eyes will believe you as well and you will see your self In a different way.

Beauty is deeper than skin, just like love you can’t see love but you feel love. Same goes for beauty, you can’t see see “beauty” there is not one “beauty” you can see but you can feel the beauty you feel toward yourself. The mindset of I love me!

2) whether arising from sensory manifestations (as shape, color, sound, etc.)

It doesn’t matter if you are thick or thin, tall or short, big boobs or small boobs, a big butt or small butt. Curvy or big boned, it doesn’t matter what size or shape your body has, it all depends on if you love your body. The things you can’t control are the things that need the most amount of attention of. Without the attention it needs it can turn into a negative besides adapting and accepting it for what it is (for example) color. The color of your skin had nothing to do with your decision. You were born the way you are for a reason. It’s not a curse, it’s a blessing.

3) A meaningful design or pattern, or something else (as a personality in which high spiritual qualities are manifest).”

The key word is personality. Beauty shines through your personality. And your beauty comes from your soul. Beauty develops from your self-esteem. Depending on how much confidence you have towards yourself the high your feelings about how beautiful you are will increase.

So is it possible to be beautiful without trying to be. Yes! Beauty comes from inside you and it’s something you put on or buy. If you love yourself for you, now that is true beauty.

Junior at WVWC Football player Education Major WVWC Ambassador Alpha Sigma Phi Fraternity 20 years old
West Virginia Wesleyan College, English Writing and Communications major.