Meet Michael Inman!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Allow me to introduce to you one of my dearest friends, Michael Inman! This sophomore student has been around for quite a while, and knows just a thing or two about what it takes to succeed at WVWC. Being very involved and extremely intelligent are two of his biggest strengths, and he also never passes up a hug! Keep reading to learn more about Michael!

1. What is your major, why did you choose it, and what do you plan to do with it after you graduate from WVWC?

Chemistry. Short version is that I always wanted to be a doctor, and after a relatively short trip of self discovery, I made my way to forensic science. I had always been interested in chemistry, so I thought it would be a good idea. I’m hoping to become a forensic toxicologist after I graduate and possibly attend a graduate school to get my masters.

2. Aside from academics, what do you spend most of your free time on campus doing? Are you involved in extra-curricular activities?

I used to spend most of my time with my academics, but I’m becoming more involved with Phi Mu Alpha, and I’m hoping to improve our relations with campus. I hope to one day be able to come back and see that we are thriving and well involved on campus, like we should be.

3. Give us a fun fact! Something a lot of people don’t know about you!

I don’t really have a lot that people don’t know about me. I suppose I could say that I never really liked art much until I discovered Bazille in Paris. I traveled there during this past spring break. 

4. If you could go back in time and tell yourself one piece of advice before starting college, what would you say to young Michael? 

Don’t double major. Seriously, it won’t end well. If you don’t you’ll have more time to take the classes you want to take instead of fighting through Criminology classes you’ll barely pass.

5. Do you have a favorite memory from your college experience so far?

If I had to pick one that happened at the college, it’d be all the fun I had performing A Midsummer Night’s Dream last year.

[pictured above is Michael & I working on the show together last fall as part of cast & crew]

6. Tell us something that inspires you. It can be anything at all, but what motivates you the most? 

I know that at the end of the day, my momma will still love me no matter whether or not I do well. I want to do well for myself, but knowing that it won’t matter as much is that extra relief that keeps me going.

Next time you see Michael on campus, be sure to say hi! He’s certainly no stranger and always has his best smile on! 

I love makeup and caffeine.
Just a small town girl living in an even smaller college town. I'm an Accounting major at WVWC in hopes of someday going to law school. I enjoy coffee, jumping in puddles, & petting the locals' dogs when they take them for walks on campus.