How to Balance Your BF With Your BFFS

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

We’re busy; there’s no doubt about that. As a hard-working college girl, it’s difficult enough to fit in time with your BFFs when you have piles of homework. So when a boy comes into the picture (or is already there) – forget about it! It’s definitely hard to juggle school, friends and a boyfriend, but it’s possible.

First, make sure you and your guy are on the same page. Make sure he knows you want to spend time with your friends here and there, and vice versa! It’s totally ok and healthy for you both to have your own friends. And, gasp, it’s ok to take a texting break while you’re hanging out with said friends.

Also, let your girlfriends know that you still love them. I’ve learned this one the hard way. Keeping your relationship with your BFFs strong after you start dating someone can be harder than it looks. It may not be their first instinct to invite you to hang out because you’ve got a new guy to hang out with – but be proactive! Plan a girls’ night and make sure they remain just as much of a priority as your BF. Holding onto good friends takes effort, but the payoff is more than worth it.

Finally, if you’re stressed to the max, don’t feel obligated to give anyone your time. Study alone, take a nap, read a book; “you” time is vital and don’t be afraid to take it.