Her Campus WVWC Launch Highlights

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Not many colleges are lucky enough to be as diverse as West Virginia Wesleyan. For starters, we’re lucky to have many assorted majors that focus on topics ranging from nursing to philosophy. That luck only increases when you look at the many chances we have to use the written word. We have the Vandalia, Wesleyan’s art journal, The Pharos campus newspaper, and now Her Campus WVWC.

Since the online magazine’s launch last Tuesday, Her Campus WVWC has already seen tremendous success. In its first 24 hours, two articles were featured on the national Her Campus page’s Top Chapter Articles. This was due to each article’s high view count. Her Campus WVWC experienced another high when last week’s Campus Cutie Mark Mattis was featured in Thursday night’s national Study Break newsletter with a circulation that includes the entire United States. To top off the launch week, the organization’s Facebook page surpassed 100 likes.

Wesleyan has been buzzing about Her Campus ever since. Senior student Katie Spenik said that she was really looking forward to the launch, and “not just for the candy.” For Tuesday’s special day, staff writers passed out Smarties candies donned with the website’s URL, all while wearing black and bright pink, a promotional idea devised by Ashley herself.

Freshman Emily Jenkins is another student who enjoys Her Campus WVWC.

“I really love both the layout and the content so far,” Jenkins said. “It’s super easy to navigate and it’s all really interesting.”

We only hope to improve our content’s quality as we grow as an organization. Here’s to a great kickoff!

A Writing and Gender Studies Major, Alpha Gamma Delta sister, and 4Her.