Fabio MacHado

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Year:
Junior 

Expected graduation date:
May 2014 

Major:
Public Relations 

Hometown:
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Activities:
Soccer and Resident Assistant for the Office of Campus Life

Relationship Status:
In a relationship

What’s her name?
Thais

Where/how did you meet?
We met at a birthday party of a mutual friend in Brazil. 

How long have you been together?
2 years and 5 months

It’s really cool that you both ended up at Wesleyan. How did that happen?
It’s a long story. She was thinking about coming to the USA to finish her studies in an American college, and I wanted to stay with her because I was afraid of the distance, so I started to think that I’d come with her and finish my studies here too. It was really lucky of us, because we received scholarships from the same college! 

What’s your favorite thing about going to school here?
My favorite thing is that the college is not so big, so I feel familiar with almost everyone here, and I think that is easier to be involved with people in a small college. 

If you were to go on an ideal date, what would it include?
A good talk is the most important thing in a date. The other person has to be interesting, and a good way to determine that is during the conversation when you can see the another person’s beliefs, preferences and opinions.  

What’s your favorite movie?
I have some favorite movies. One of them is “A Good Year.” 

Do you have a favorite pick-up line?
Not really. It just depends on the situation, because each situation requests a different pick-up line. The secret is understanding what each situation is asking for .   

Do you have any secret talents?
Everybody has some secret talents, but it’s a secret, right? Hahaha.

If there was one thing you wanted everyone to know about you, what would it be?
That I’m a good friend and a reliable person. 

Fabio has a great sense of humor and is always down to earth. Be on the lookout for him this semester!

Ashley Young, a native of Hurricane, W.Va., is more than just your typical college senior. She spent last summer interning with Thomas Nelson Publishers, the world's largest Christian publishing company (also America's sixth largest), and she's currently a features intern at Seventeen Magazine in NYC. She even lives in Manhattan! Ashley's also an oil painter, a lover of laughter, and she's engaged. Readers can gladly keep up with her day-to-day happenings by following @AshleyIsYoung on Twitter and Instagram.