This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

“In order to be a leader you have to challenge the process, make a difference, press for change…”

These are just a few of the many inspirational words that are given by this week’s Campus Spotlight, Destinee Tunstall. 

A junior criminal justice and gender studies major from Brentwood, Md., Destinee is putting her time here at Wesleyan to good use! Her activities on campus include: resident assistant, Vice President of the Black Student Union, First Generation Peer Mentor, executive board member for the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, team member for the We Lead: Children and Youth, a member of the Criminal Justice Honor Society, Kappa Mu, Step Team Coordinator and LEAP.

When she finally finds some free time from her busy schedule, Destinee can be found performing, either through dance or stepping with her teammates, or playing basketball, which she says will “forever be a passion.” She is also very family-oriented and has built her universe around her family and God.

Each day, Destinee is inching one step closer to her dreams, while bettering this campus without even realizing it! Through her hard work and service, she will be the first to graduate college in her immediate family and plans to serve in the Americorps or City Year before continuing her education in graduate school. She is hoping to tackle the law aspect of the criminal justice system and work with the Juvenile Justice system. The kindness she shows every day will undeniably help change the lives of many troubled youths!

Destinee has already accomplished so much in her short time here at Wesleyan, from social justice and mentoring to becoming engaged. Thank you for always being a smiling face on campus and helping to better this campus, one small victory at a time!