This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Presenting Wesleyan’s new addition to the track team: he placed third in the nation and the 4×800 relay. He’s a freshman from Baltimore, Md. majoring in business administration. Still not ringing any bells? Well, allow me to introduce this week’s Campus Celebrity… Daryl Grays! 

Q: What brought you here to Wesleyan?

A: My friend and I were approached by our counselors, and we wanted to see what Wesleyan had to offer. I was accepted into multiple institutions where I was offered full scholarships but I chose this one because I was motivated by my coach, Jesse Skiles.

Q: What do you like most about your major?

A: I love business administration because it focuses on every aspect of business. I learn about marketing, finance, accounting, etc. The courses that I’m taking don’t limit me to learning only about the business world.

Q: As a student, how do you contribute to the Wesleyan community?

A: I’ve always been an advocate for promoting health, so I joined the We Lead team. I teach children the importance of staying in shape and being healthy. I am on the track team and I am a cheerleader. Last week, my good deeds were acknowledged and now I will training to be a resident assistant.

Q: How do you think you can better the Wesleyan community?

A: Though I am predominantly known for running track, I would like to contribute to the school’s performing arts. I’m hoping that I can use my different skills to better the marching band as well as the dance team and cheerleading squad. I also try to be an advocate for good health across campus, especially when I visit the Wellness Center.

Q: What do you enjoy most about being on campus?

A: I enjoy my bonding time with my first floor Benedum boys, but I’ve established friendships throughout campus as well.

Q: What are the some of the things you hope to accomplish in the future as a student here at Wesleyan?

A: This year, I look forward to testing the waters with new classes focused around my major and contributing to the arts program. I’m most excited about competing as a Wesleyan bobcat on the track team.

Q: Any advice for your fellow students and/or incoming freshman?

A: College isn’t just about the fun; there are other things that go into the experience. If your campus isn’t fun, you have to make it fun. Don’t expect a pot full of gold because at some point you will fall off the rainbow. College is truly an amazing place that will broaden your horizons and open new opportunities for you.

Maty recently graduated Summa Cum Laude from West Virginia Wesleyan College (WVWC), and she couldn’t be more excited to return to the Her Campus family as a member of the Community Team.  Maty’s passion for writing has guided her through most of her adult life, and it eventually brought her to to the Her Campus Chapter Network as a Style Blogger for Her Campus WVWC. Maty would go on to become Campus Correspondent of her chapter, as well as an intern for Her Campus National and a Chapter Advisor.  Through her different roles at HC, Maty quickly fell in love with the mission and purpose of the Her Campus Chapter Network—and in her new role, Maty has the rare and coveted opportunity to do what she loves on a daily basis by working with a growing network of 360+ college chapters.    When Maty isn’t at the office, she’s usually out exploring, cooking some random recipe she found on Pinterest, or cuddling with her adorable corgi, Winnie.  Follow Maty on Twitter and Instagram !