Check Out The Ultimate HC Spring Break Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Spring Break starts TOMORROW, and I’m so excited, I can barely contain it.

While this sudden blizzard and snow day (the first in 8 years!) may have us in a winter wonderland, we have just the gear you need for a sunny Spring Break, at home or on the go! 

Check out how nationals hooked us up with the ultimate survival kit:

Her Campus

The awesome ladies at Nationals included some great items in our package

How many of you all are going somewhere warm and fun with some friends?

We’ve got Her Campus cup koozies and sunglasses to keep you and your drinks cool!

If you’re going to be hanging out, doing some reading and homework over the weekend in the library, we’ve got stickers to put on our laptops and pens so we’ll never run dry (or for that cutie in the coffee shop to write down his number!).

For the Chipotle Chicas

Chipotle lovers, we’ve got BOGO Burrito cards for you.

Whether you’re going to Pittsburgh, Ohio, or even Canada, we’re taking care of your Chipotle cravings.

If you had a New Year’s Resolution, or a Spring Break Resolution, to start eating more healthy and mindful, Chipotle is the place to go. They’re really focusing on being organic and natural in their food they serve.

If you want to learn more about Food with Integrity, visit http://chip.tl/1v5AcW2

For the Luna-Loving Ladies

Amidst travelling and fun with friends, one of our chapter’s favorite snacks to grab is a Luna Bar.

Luna Bars are gluten free, so if you can’t have gluten (like me), you’re in for a treat!

We’ve got Lemon Zest, Chocolate Dipped Coconut, and Chocolate Peppermint Stick.

Secret: Luna is about to release a Chocolate Cupcake Flavor. Say what? Healthy cupcakes? Sign me up!

Check out all of their flavors at http://bit.ly/ZnMRju

For the Traveling Collegiette

We’ve got some great products for those of you who will be travelling. Save some space with these great samples of products.

Not Your Mother’s Hair Care Shampoo & Conditioner

This product is sulfate, paraben, and dye free (that’s the only kind I use), so it is healthy for you and your hair. Both the Clean Freak Purifying Shampoo and Conditioner are infused with mint and raspberry, so you’re going to smell ah-mazing!

Completely Bare Beauty to Go Sample Wax Pack

This is a simple, safe way to remove hair so you’re smooth and ready for whatever fun you’ve got in store for spring break.

This product originates out of the Completely Bare Spa in NYC, and it’s gentle and easy-to-use.

All you do is warm the strips in your hand, press on the area where you want to remove hair, and then pull it off for a nice, long-lasting smoothness.

You can get it at CVS or Target.

Spring Break Safety

Just as important as your fun over spring break is your safety!

When you party over spring break, stay with people you know and trust. If you’re going to drink, please be careful not to set it down anywhere that it could get tampered with. Even if you are with people you trust, we all are capable of making mistakes, and we want you to take charge of your personal safety. So SABRE has given us some great products that will help ensure you have a fun and safe spring break.

SABRE Pepper Gel is an alternative to Pepper Spray. With it’s kicking 12-foot range, you can ensure your safety without endangering anyone else with airborne particles found in pepper sprays. Keep this product gripped in the palm of your hand, activating it with your thumb, not your index finger.

SABRE personal alarms are equipped with an LED light on a keychain to help you when you’re walking around in poorly lit area. If you should need to use the alarm, it is easily activated by pulling the pin. It will then produce a 115 dB sound (louder than a rock concert) that will let people around you know you’re in danger.

When you buy this product, a portion of the sales support RAINN — the Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network.

We do sincerely hope you never have to activate either of these products, but we want to make sure that you all know these products are out there and make them available to you so you can be safe. Please, please, please be safe and smart, not just over spring break, but always!

For Our Bibliophile Collegiettes

Maybe you’re like me, and you’re going to spend your spring break relaxing at home with a great new book. If you don’t already have some reading material, we’ve got a couple suggestions for you.

Dirty Rush by Taylor Bell  

I grabbed the details about the book from Simon & Schuster’s website http://bit.ly/1Ja2qQr

“Taylor Bell comes from a long line of Beta Zeta sorority sisters, who all expect her to pledge upon starting at the university. But Taylor has other plans: she’s determined to give her family the proverbial middle finger and destroy the rich tradition they hold so dear by eschewing sorority life altogether. However, Taylor’s resolve soon melts when she falls in with a group of hilarious, ultra-saucy girls, who introduce her to all things Greek and soften her to the idea of joining. Resigned to the fate the Greek gods have dealt her, Taylor pledges Beta Zeta and embarks on a collegiate career filled with the kind of carousing sure to make any sorority sister proud.

Soon, Taylor’s experience as a BZ starts to feel like a jacked-up, drug-infused, and X-rated fairy tale—especially when reality comes crashing down and a rather lewd sex tape is leaked. The girl in the video looks a lot like Taylor. Has Taylor gone off the deep end? Or is someone trying to frame her? Unless she can prove her innocence and re-ingratiate herself with the sisters who’ve accused her of leaking the video in a Kim Kardashian–style bid for attention, Taylor is at risk of losing everything she’s fought (partied) so hard for.”

Intern’s Handbook by Shane Kuhn

I grabbed the details about this book from the author’s website http://bit.ly/1CCPen5

“John Lago is a very bad guy. But he’s the very best at what he does. And what he does is infiltrate top-level companies and assassinate crooked executives while disguised as an intern.”

This book is being made into a movie starring Dave Franco, James Franco’s little brother.

The Her Campus Guide to College Life — not available just yet, but ready for PREORDER!

We’re excited for the book coming out in just under a month from Her Campus.

This book has everything you need to know about college life. There are guides to navigating classes, handling this whole new world of relationships, going Greek, partying and social life, roommate living, health, and more!

There are checklists and worksheets included to help you to implement all the awesome advice in the book. Whether you’re brand new to this whole college thing or a veteran, this book will be a great read (even if you can’t have it in time for Spring Break!).

Make sure to check our Facebook and Twitter for our giveaways we’ll be doing this week! You do not want to miss out on these goodies. 

2015 graduate, and part of the founding HerCampus WVWC team, Stephanie now works as a Technical Writer for a technology contractor in Bridgeport, WV. Stephanie married her husband, JR, in October 2014, and together they have one toddler girl who is stealing their hearts and sanity one day and one dumped bowl of crackers at a time.
A public relations major with a passion for social media, the arts, and all things Disney, writer Corinne Weaver hopes to bring some Her Campus flare to WVWC. Weaver performs with the WVWC Theatre and Dance department, is a sister of Alpha Delta Pi, and interned at the National Aquarium in the Summer of '14! This Co-Editor-In-Chief will always love her close-knit hometown of Oakland, Maryland, but looks forward to opportunities to branch out in the future. Follow her @CorinneWeaver4 on Twitter and Instagram!