This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

I have always been an advocate for frugality—but when it comes to skincare, we all need to make an exception. An inexpensive product is not always entail a high quality product. We’ve all bought that $5 foundation that melts off only a couple hours after its application. And I’m sure all of you have saved a couple of dollars on mascara only to have it make your eyelashes appear clumpy and feel brittle. So, what do you do? You want to keep your skin fresh and healthy, but you don’t want to have to pay an arm and a leg to do so. Well, you’re in luck! I’ve compiled a list of the best beauty products of 2014—and guess what? They’re all under $30 each!

Facial Cleanser

One of the worst things about college is all of the stress: homework, essays, tests, projects, extracurricular activities—you name it! Naturally, we start to stress out over all of the things we have on our endless to-do lists. And then, thanks to biology, we start breaking out. It’s like, really? On top of everything else, I have to get a face full of zits, too? But not to worry! The following is my favorite facial cleanser that not only helps fight acne, but prevents future breakouts at the same time!

Philosophy: Clear Days Ahead Acne Treatment Cleanser ($21.00 at ULTA): You can use this product by itself or as a system (system includes astringent pads, moisturizer, and spot-treatment). Either way, you can bid those problem breakouts farewell! Just use this cleanser in the morning and in the evening when you wash your face, and you’re good to go! After only a couple of uses, I could see a huge difference in my skin. My breakouts were fewer and my complexion was more even. Even better, this product actually feels good and has a pleasant aroma!

Foundation

Finding the perfect foundation is almost as difficult as finding the perfect pair of jeans. It’s hard to find a balance between foundations that actually provide the right amount of coverage without making your complexion look cake-y. Let’s say that you do find a foundation with this sort of balance, but then it breaks you out! With so many foundations out there, what’s a girl to do? Well, ladies look no further!

Here’s your perfect foundation: bareMinerals READY Foundation ($29.00 at ULTA): After I used this product for the first time, I thought, “Finally! A foundation that can stand on its own!” What I mean by that is that the READY Foundation provides enough coverage on its own; you don’t need to apply liquid foundation in addition to this miracle product! It’s the perfect foundation for the on-the-go collegiate. The best part is that bareMinerals is a company that only uses all-natural ingredients in its products while providing the best skincare technology. This foundation can even function as a sunscreen with its SPF 20 protection.

Hair Care

I have a confession to make: I am guilty of extreme hair abuse. Between the hard water from our lovely dorm showers, yanking out tangles, blow-drying, curling, and dying, my hair has definitely seen better days. Having long, coarse, chemically treated hair doesn’t exactly help matters, either. I needed a hair product that could reverse years of damage, act as a color and heat-protectant, and keep my hair looking soft and healthy. So, whether you’re a transgressor of hair cruelty like me or simply looking for a product that will improve your overall hair health, I have the perfect solution for you!

WEN by ChazDean Winter Cranberry Mint Cleansing Conditioner ($29.00 at QVC): No longer will you dread having to shower in a sketchy dorm bathroom! WEN Conditioner brings the spa to you with its cool, tingling sensation and fragrant scent—not to mention all of its awesome hair benefits! WEN takes the place of your shampoo, conditioner, and detangler. All you have to do is divide your hair into four different sections: your crown, the nape of your neck, and the remaining hair on either side of your head. Massage the amount of pumps dependent your hair-length to each section of hair, then simply let all of the natural herbs and botanicals take effect (hence the tingling sensation) while you enjoy the rest of your shower!

Mascara

This is where it gets a bit tricky; there are SO many different types of mascara out there. Do you want volumizing, lengthening, or defining? Do you want brown, black, super-black, or some outrageous color? How do you pick just one? Instead of considering all of the factors mentioned above, try looking for a product that won’t flake, clump, or destroy your lashes in the process.

Look for: Tarte: Lights, Camera, Flashes Statement Mascara ($23.00 at Sephora): Admittedly, this is a little on the pricey-side for mascara—but, trust me, it’s totally worth it! This mascara lengthens, defines, and increases the volume of your lashes. Instead of making lashes stiff and heavy, it makes them soft and flexible. Unlike most mascaras, Tarte uses beeswax and provitamin B5 to thicken lashes instead of harsh parabens that can diminish lashes over time. Mascara is one of my favorite products in and of itself, and Tarte’s Lights, Camera, Flashes, is by far the best mascara I’ve ever used.

Maty recently graduated Summa Cum Laude from West Virginia Wesleyan College (WVWC), and she couldn’t be more excited to return to the Her Campus family as a member of the Community Team.  Maty’s passion for writing has guided her through most of her adult life, and it eventually brought her to to the Her Campus Chapter Network as a Style Blogger for Her Campus WVWC. Maty would go on to become Campus Correspondent of her chapter, as well as an intern for Her Campus National and a Chapter Advisor.  Through her different roles at HC, Maty quickly fell in love with the mission and purpose of the Her Campus Chapter Network—and in her new role, Maty has the rare and coveted opportunity to do what she loves on a daily basis by working with a growing network of 360+ college chapters.    When Maty isn’t at the office, she’s usually out exploring, cooking some random recipe she found on Pinterest, or cuddling with her adorable corgi, Winnie.  Follow Maty on Twitter and Instagram !
A public relations major with a passion for social media, the arts, and all things Disney, writer Corinne Weaver hopes to bring some Her Campus flare to WVWC. Weaver performs with the WVWC Theatre and Dance department, is a sister of Alpha Delta Pi, and interned at the National Aquarium in the Summer of '14! This Co-Editor-In-Chief will always love her close-knit hometown of Oakland, Maryland, but looks forward to opportunities to branch out in the future. Follow her @CorinneWeaver4 on Twitter and Instagram!