This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

This week’s campus spotlight is none other than our very own Beauty Blogger, Anne Wilson! If you know Anne, then you know that she always lights up a room with her award-winning smile and enthusiasm, and that she’ll do just about anything for those she loves. If you haven’t had the pleasure of meeting this fabulous young woman, then take this as an opportunity to find out more about her! Besides, with all of the activities she’s involved in, you’re bound to run into her on campus sooner or later. 

Year: Freshman 

Major: Chemistry

Hometown: I was born in Raleigh, N.C., but I mainly grew up in Elkins, W.Va.  

Campus activities: Her Campus WVWC, WE LEAD Animal Welfare Team, LEAP, Benzene Ring Chemistry Club and WVWC Department of Theatre and Dance 

What made you decided to come to Wesleyan? I chose Wesleyan because I feel close enough to home without actually being in my town. Also, I felt that it was the best choice out of all schools in this state. I feel safe on this campus and have enjoyed all of the amazing students and faculty I’ve met thus far. 

What is your favorite part of campus life? My favorite part about Wesleyan is probably the people who I’m around on a daily basis. From the sweet librarians to all of my funny, spunky professors and my friends who go to the caf with me on a daily basis, it’s always something new each day. The people who I am around make it worthwhile.

What do you like to do for fun? I read a lot of books and watch a lot of movies. I’m currently watching House on Netflix from start to finish. When I’m not in the theatre or in a piano practice room working on choir music, I’m probably either studying chemical equations or laughing with my best friends. 

What would you say is the key to your success at Wesleyan? My personal key to success is probably just realizing the importance of managing time. It can be so hard to sit down and discipline yourself to study, but it becomes 100 percent worth it. I am a social person, but there are times when I have to shut myself into an imaginary bubble in the library and focus on studies because, in the long run, that’s what’s going to get me places. I would advise all of my fellow collegiettes to always remember that.  

With the semester nearing its end, what are you looking most forward to this summer? This summer is going to be a great one. I’m going to be working with children at a summer day camp, taking a May-term online class at home, and going to Warped Tour with one of my best friends from back home.

Be sure to visit our website each week to check out Anne’s most recent musings about beauty. Trust us: she has great advice!   

Maty recently graduated Summa Cum Laude from West Virginia Wesleyan College (WVWC), and she couldn’t be more excited to return to the Her Campus family as a member of the Community Team.  Maty’s passion for writing has guided her through most of her adult life, and it eventually brought her to to the Her Campus Chapter Network as a Style Blogger for Her Campus WVWC. Maty would go on to become Campus Correspondent of her chapter, as well as an intern for Her Campus National and a Chapter Advisor.  Through her different roles at HC, Maty quickly fell in love with the mission and purpose of the Her Campus Chapter Network—and in her new role, Maty has the rare and coveted opportunity to do what she loves on a daily basis by working with a growing network of 360+ college chapters.    When Maty isn’t at the office, she’s usually out exploring, cooking some random recipe she found on Pinterest, or cuddling with her adorable corgi, Winnie.  Follow Maty on Twitter and Instagram !