This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity is Abby Suder! Be sure to catch her in the WVWC Department of Theatre and Dance’s upcoming production of Into the Woods as Little Red Riding Hood’s grandmother (aka “Granny”).

This musical theatre major is so excited to be part of the theatre department and exudes her love for the performing arts. Abby says that it is something that she loves because she gets to learn something new every day from her acting and voice teachers, which allows her to improve her skills. 

In regard to the new character she’s playing, Abby says, “She’s a pretty awesome granny and she knows how to take care of herself in a dangerous situation. I channel my inner granny by thinking about taking on a motherly sort of role.”

This versatile young lady says she could also see herself playing Cinderella.

“I’ve always found her character very intriguing,” Abby says. “She’s always trying to get something, but she never seems to be truly happy.” 

Abby encourages audiences of all ages to come see the show because its eye-opening fairy tale stories offer something unique to everyone.

Abby has been involved in the performing arts since high school, but she’s always enjoyed theatre and films ever since she was very young. In the near future, Abby would like to pursue theatre anywhere she can, but mainly in New York and LA.

“The benefits of being a musical theatre major are immense,” Abby says. “It gives you a chance to explore your body movements and take your mind to a level you never knew you could before. It really allows you to tune into yourself and everything going on around you. It also gives you a lot of freedom to find yourself.”

When Abby’s not occupied with rehearsals, she’s reading, watching films, playing tennis or playing the piano. Abby says being a musical theatre major is a lot of hard work, but it pays off in the end.

You can see all of Abby’s hard work pay off on April 21-24 when she takes Granny to the big stage in Into the Woods! 

Maty recently graduated Summa Cum Laude from West Virginia Wesleyan College (WVWC), and she couldn’t be more excited to return to the Her Campus family as a member of the Community Team.  Maty’s passion for writing has guided her through most of her adult life, and it eventually brought her to to the Her Campus Chapter Network as a Style Blogger for Her Campus WVWC. Maty would go on to become Campus Correspondent of her chapter, as well as an intern for Her Campus National and a Chapter Advisor.  Through her different roles at HC, Maty quickly fell in love with the mission and purpose of the Her Campus Chapter Network—and in her new role, Maty has the rare and coveted opportunity to do what she loves on a daily basis by working with a growing network of 360+ college chapters.    When Maty isn’t at the office, she’s usually out exploring, cooking some random recipe she found on Pinterest, or cuddling with her adorable corgi, Winnie.  Follow Maty on Twitter and Instagram !