6 Fun, Inexpensive Dates for Wintry Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

When it gets cold outside, it’s easy to fall into a rut of huddling up in your dorm room and binge watching The Office on Netflix with your SO. Here are some easy and affordable fun dates to try when the temperatures drop (These work just as well with a group of BFFs too!). 

1. Table games. Ping pong, foosball, air hockeyyou name it. A little healthy competition is a great way to bond with someone and pass the time. 

2. Bundle up and have a snowball fight or go sledding. College campuses hold a whole new world of possibilities when there’s snow on the ground. Try to find the best hills on campus or make an igloo out of a pile of snow. 

3. Take advantage of outdoor rec programs. The one here at WVWC offers tubing and ski trips at great prices and hiking trips are totally free. It’s a great way to spend time with an SO while meeting lots of other cool people. 

4. Draw a picture together or paint, whichever floats your boat. Lay down some old newspaper on the floor of a dorm room and get creative. You’ll also have some great decorations to show for it afterward. 

5. Rearrange your room and try to maximize coziness. The same old scenery can get boring and redecorating will make you feel refreshed. Then you can curl up and watch more Netflix, but with better feng shui. 

6. The old standby, “dinner and a movie.” But get food to go from your campus cafeteria; you’re already paying for it anyway. You don’t even have to get real food eithercan anyone say “cookies” for dinner? Lay out some blankets on your dorm room floor for an indoor picnic.