5 Natural Remedies to Cure Your Winter Cold

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Has the wintertime got you down? Feeling sick and tired? Reach for a warm cup of tea instead of a bottle of medicine! Here are some natural remedies to cure the common wintertime cold!

1.Vitamin C:

I think we all know that Vitamin C is vital for curing the common cold. Vitamin C increases the production of white blood cells and can help prevent viruses from multiplying. This also decreases mucus and inflammation in the nasal area. How do you get Vitamin C? There are plenty of ways including a pill form of the vitamin, oranges, cauliflower, lemons, broccoli, cabbage, peaches and more!

2. Tea:

My favorite way to cure any sickness is by drinking tea! Tea is good for many reasons, including getting over a cold! This is a popular natural remedy because it prevents dehydration while giving your body nutrients. Chamomile and green tea are extremely effective for colds!

3. Ginger:

A perfect add on for your warm cup of tea! Ginger is a popular home remedy to treat the common cold.

4. Honey:

Honey has always been used to cure many sicknesses like colds and allergies. Honey can actually shorten the lifespan of a cold in your body. It helps coat and soothe an irritated throat so add a drop of honey in your cup of tea too!

5. Cinnamon:

Cinnamon can ease the pain of a dry or sore throat and has the most natural effective healing properties. So, while you are making a monster of a healthy cup of tea, sprinkle some cinnamon on top!

Here are the most healthy and natural ways to get over the common cold this winter! Good luck! 

Junior Public Relations major. I have an obsession with my dog and every form of coffee.