5 Motivational Quotes for Athletes to Read this Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Looking for some motivation to make it through those last couple of classes and pass all those final exams, presentations, and paper? Look no further, because we have just what you need. While these quotes were meant to motivate athletes to do their best, I found that they easily applied to the kind of motivation some of us need to push through to the end of the semester.

1.“It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up.” Vince Lombardi

Spring semester often takes a toll on everyone. By the end, everyone is over class and ready for summer to start. Whether you’ve had a rough class or not, this quote is sure going to get you ready to conquer it.

2.“If you fail to prepare, you’re prepared to fail.” Mark Spitz

It’s time to cram! Start preparing now for those pesky final exams or else you just might be regretting it here in a few weeks.

3.“Persistence can change failure into extraordinary achievement.” Matt Biondi

If you’re a little behind in a class, then this one’s for you. Proofread those papers. Make lots of flashcards. Ask your professor for extra credit. Be persistent!

4.“The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning.” Pele

Challenging classes are all the more rewarding once you get to taste the sweet victory of a good grade.

5. “It ain’t over till it’s over.” Yogi Berra

This semester hasn’t ended yet! But May 2nd will be here before you know it.

Photo Sources: Cover, 1

Just a small town girl living in an even smaller college town. I'm an Accounting major at WVWC in hopes of someday going to law school. I enjoy coffee, jumping in puddles, & petting the locals' dogs when they take them for walks on campus.