This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

There are many great things in life. The feeling of getting your nails done, relaxing by the pool, margaritas at taco tuesday, etc… But what would any of these things be without doing them with your girlfriends? What is having a boyfriend without having your girlfriends to talk about him with? What’s having crushes without having your girlfriends to stalk him with? I don’t even care about what the girl who’s dating my ex put on instagram if I don’t have my girlfriends to send the screenshot to. Having a group of bad bishes that support you is so important and here’s why.

1. They help you with your clothing options. Five years ago if my girlfriend told me I looked fat in my dress I would have cried and never talk to her again, now I take it as a blessing that my friends didn’t let me leave the house looking like a stuffed sausage.

2. When you need help stalking a crush, everyone becomes members of the CIA I text my girlfriends in my group message that I met a cute boy at a party, but never got his number, they will be the first ones to hack into the schools database looking for every Tyler on this campus until they find my man.

3. Gossip sessions I don’t care what anyone says everyone gossips. The best people to do this with is a bottle of wine, the bachelorette and your five best friends. Who needs a therapist when you have five girls telling you their input on boyfriends, crushes, other girls, or even serious issues.

4. There is nothing more fun than a GNO Miley was right when she said a girls night out was the best distraction. Whether is be your physics final or your MCM, a girls night out is the best way to forget about it temporarily. Plus getting ready is with your gals is more fun than the actual night!

5. The groupchat Never a dull moment in the crew groupchat. If an outsider ever took a glance at my girl groupchat, precautions would have to be taken, you can never unsee that.

6. They are true friends The best thing about girlfriends is the actual friendships. You can come to them with anything and everything. Having that support system is something that guy friends just can’t do. If your girlfriends don’t hype you up and make you feel good, you should keep looking for ones that do.

7. They are your second family If you don’t treat your friends like family, odds are you have the wrong friends. Having my group of girlfriends is the best blessing when you can’t talk to your parents about your hookups or that you’re failing your class. They care about you and want the best for you just like the little family you are. Having a group of girlfriends should be your biggest support system.

I am originally from Westchester, New York. I came to WVU for my undergrad in Strategic Communications with an emphasis on Public Relations and a minor in Sports Communication. My involvment on campus includes blogging for Her Campus, a sister of Alpha Phi, the assistant director of the media team on the Mountaineer Maniacs executive board and lastly, an athletic communications intern with the WVU Athletic Communications office. I will be graduating in May of 2017 and I am looking forward to getting started with my future career in Journalism and Public Relations!