“We Accept the Love We Think We Deserve”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

You deserve more than faking that smiling on your face.

You deserve more than not feeling good enough.

You deserve more than accepting the famous “I’m sorry, babe”.

You deserve more than being the only one putting in the time and effort.

You deserve more than settling.

Your man should be willing to do everything for you when you would do the same for him.

YOU DESERVE IT.

Your man should WANT to be there for you during your worst times.

YOU DESERVE IT.

Your man should show appreciation to you.

YOU DESERVE IT.

Your man shouldn’t get comfortable. He should continuously make sure that your relationship is healthy and working. If there would be any problem, he should want to work it out.

YOU DESERVE IT.

You deserve…

You deserve more than you know.

You deserve to be treated like a queen. I’m not talking about gifts and money (even though we all love those things). Your man should treat you like loyalty. He should be head over heels for you. He should want to make you smile every time you’re around him. YOU DESERVE MORE THAN YOU ARE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO SETTLE FOR. Stop. Please. You are beautiful, kind, smart, and funny. You deserve to wait to find someone that makes you feel nothing but pure happiness. If you feel anyway less than, get out. You deserve more. Way more. Love YOURSELF. Remember, you deserve more than you’re settling for.

“We accept the love we think we deserve”

Madelynn is a junior at West Virginia University. She is majoring in strategic communication with an emphasis in public relations. Madelynn plans on working for a non-profit organization after graduation. She is involved in Her Campus, Omega Phi Alpha, Ed On Campus, Active Minds, & WVU Student Events Board. Madelynn is passionate about community service and helping others. 
I am originally from Westchester, New York. I came to WVU for my undergrad in Strategic Communications with an emphasis on Public Relations and a minor in Sports Communication. My involvment on campus includes blogging for Her Campus, a sister of Alpha Phi, the assistant director of the media team on the Mountaineer Maniacs executive board and lastly, an athletic communications intern with the WVU Athletic Communications office. I will be graduating in May of 2017 and I am looking forward to getting started with my future career in Journalism and Public Relations!