Top 3 Pumpkin Spice Recipes to Enjoy this Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Fall is here, and so is our favorite part of the season, PUMPKIN! Whether you’re indoors studying, or out and about on campus, these three recipes will be sure to light your fire this season.

For our breakfast lovers:

Pumpkin French Toast Sticks

Ingredients:

• ½ cup of pumpkin puree
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
  • ¼ granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 loaf French bread or brioche
  • 2/3 cup milk

Instructions:

• To prep, heat small amount of butter with a large nonstick skillet on stove and cut bread to desired size and shape.
  • In a separate bowl, mix milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla, eggs, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
  • Dip bread in mixture, making sure to coat the entire piece. Then place on hot skillet. Cook until golden brown.
  • Once finished cooking, sprinkle cinnamon and granulated sugar and serve with your favorite syrup! 

(Recipe from Lil’ Luna)

For those who eat on the go:

Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars

Ingredients:

• 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
  • ¼ cup melted butter
  • 4 packages (8 oz) softened cream cheese
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup (8 oz) canned pumpkin
  • 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Instructions:

• Heat oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
  • Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter and press the ingredients on the bottom of the pan to create the crust.
  • In a separate mixing bowl, mix sugar and cream cheese until fluffy. Mix eggs one at a time until blended evenly.
  • Scoop half of the mixture onto the crust in the baking pan. With the remaining half in the bowl, add pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk until smooth and spread the rest of the mixture into the baking pan.
  • Bake cheesecake for 50 minutes. Once set, turn off the oven and leave door open to allow it to cool for an hour.
  • Refrigerate for three hours, then cut into bars.
  • Top bars with whipped cream and enjoy.

(Recipe from A Treats Affair)

For the health nut:

Pumpkin Pie Protein Shake

Ingredients:

• 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
  • ½ cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 tsp sweetener of choice
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 medium banana
  • 6 ice cubes

Instructions:

Add all ingredients to blender and mix until combined. Add more sweetener or spice if desired and enjoy!

(Recipe from Love Grows Wild)

We can’t forget about our four-legged companions! Here’s a Pumpkin Peanut Butter dog treat to get the pups pumped for fall as well.

Ingredients:

• 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
  • ½ cup natural peanut butter
  • 1 ¾ cup oat flour
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon

Instructions:

• Heat oven to 300 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
  • Mix ingredients together until thick and cookie dough-like.
  • Roll dough between two sheets of parchment paper until ¼ inch thick. Use a mini cookie cutter to cut into any shape until dough is gone.
  • Bake for 15 minutes or until firm and dry. Let cool completely then let the pups enjoy!

(Recipe from Dessert with Benefits)

Hi ladies and gents, my name is Mel, Melanie if you're feelin' fancy. I'm a senior studying advertising, political science and fashion at West Virginia University. In addition to my studies, I am the Campus Correspondent for the WVU HC Chapter! You can hear me on the radio at U92 FM reporting the news and hosting morning shows. If I'm not there, I'm most likely at the local Panera eating my body weight in broccoli cheddar soup or writing about the daily, awkward encounters I experience. I represenative of the college of media as an ambassador and the prez of the magazine club. Oversized sweatshirts and jean on jean are my aesthetics. Lover, not a fighter unless you tell me Joe Jonas wasn't the best Jonas. Laters, baby.