This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Celebrity, Laken Vita! Laken is an outgoing member of the Alpha Xi Delta sorority who had big dreams to be a Laker’s Girl back in kindergarden. The 21 year-old, senior broadcast journalism major is a Clarksburg, W.Va. native. Laken was recently named the entertainment reporter for WVU News and plans on reporting the events that go on in Morgantown that viewer may not know about. 

Q: What made you want to be the entertainment reporter for WVU?

A: I have always been celebrity obsessed. If you follow me on twitter (@LakenKardashian) you know I am constantly tweeting about celebrity news. Entertainment news has always been something I loved to read and watch on T.V. so that’s why I knew I wanted to start doing it here at WVU.

Q: What’s your dream job?

A: Now I want to continue being a reporter. I love to write and tell stories so that’s what I want to do as a career.

Q: Who is your news anchor idol?

A: My news anchor idol is Giuliana Rancic. She has been someone I have looked up to in the field ever since I was in high school. She has changed the game for entertainment reporters. She not only is a reporter, but is on two other T.V. shows. She has a great personality and of course, a to die for wardrobe.

Q: Do you have any advice for future WVU reporters?

A: Advice I have for future WVU reporters, don’t be afraid to do something different. Find stories that interest you, so you will enjoy putting them together.

Q: A quote you live by:

A: “Some women choose to follow men and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you’re wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn’t love you anymore.” Lady Gaga

Q: What’s a fun fact!?

A: I am obsessed with Taco Bell.