Give Yourself Alone Time in College, It’s Worth It

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Wanting to have alone time in college can sound like you’re being a “Debbie Downer”, but if you ask me, alone time allows you to spend time on focusing on yourself.

All of your friends are asking you to go to the club tonight. It is okay to say no. Stay in, get your mixtape together, and get some much needed studying done.

Your floor is having an ice cream social. If you haven’t been feeling too good, you don’t have to go. Go take a walk. Take a nap.

Everyone wants you to get involved and be friend everyone you see. Let yourself find yourself. Don’t miss out on everything, but take time for yourself.

College is a time where you will venture out of your comfort zone. You will constantly be changing, meeting new people, and having different experiences. Why not take a step back and have an occasionally self day. You deserve it.

Madelynn is a junior at West Virginia University. She is majoring in strategic communication with an emphasis in public relations. Madelynn plans on working for a non-profit organization after graduation. She is involved in Her Campus, Omega Phi Alpha, Ed On Campus, Active Minds, & WVU Student Events Board. Madelynn is passionate about community service and helping others. 
Hi ladies and gents, my name is Mel, Melanie if you're feelin' fancy. I'm a senior studying advertising, political science and fashion at West Virginia University. In addition to my studies, I am the Campus Correspondent for the WVU HC Chapter! You can hear me on the radio at U92 FM reporting the news and hosting morning shows. If I'm not there, I'm most likely at the local Panera eating my body weight in broccoli cheddar soup or writing about the daily, awkward encounters I experience. I represenative of the college of media as an ambassador and the prez of the magazine club. Oversized sweatshirts and jean on jean are my aesthetics. Lover, not a fighter unless you tell me Joe Jonas wasn't the best Jonas. Laters, baby.