Fall In Love With Your Game Day Outfit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Fall has finally arrived and the main thing on every girl’s mind is, “What do I wear now that it is getting colder?” Cute high-waisted shorts and crop tops will not cut it for this anticipated cold fall season. Many girls can get discouraged when it comes to finding the right amount of clothing that keeps them warm but also keeps them looking trendy. So, what should you wear to stay warm but continue looking cute and fashionable?

Fortunately, the WVU versus Oklahoma State football game Saturday afternoon was the perfect place to try out falls latest fashion trends and keep a lookout for fashion inspirations! Trying ensembles that involve multiple layers of clothes are the perfect place to begin. Never be too scared to layer, layer, layer! Depending upon the weather you can always pair an oversized chevron cardigan with a pair of navy blue high waisted shorts and a pair of combat boots. From there, you can incorporate a hue of yellow to your outfit; preferably a mustard yellow since you do not want to be accessorizing with bright colors as often this season. If the weather is a little colder than anticipated, you can also choose from a pair of navy blue cotton leggings or a long navy maxi skirt. These two pieces can be so versatile that you could wear it with absolutely anything. 

What would I personally suggest wearing to the game? An oversized aztec print cardigan with a basic yellow or blue camisole with a pair of over the knee leather boots and a mustard colored infinity scarf- this could leave you being not only warm but the talk of the tailgate! Whether the guys on the field score points or not, at least you will be scoring some major stylish points with these fall game day outfit pointers!

Fashion Merchandising major with a minor in Business Administration Senior at West Virginia University From Pittsburgh PA