A Dream Come True Homecoming

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

I know we are all getting excited about WVU Homecoming Week coming up soon. The Homecoming Court is picked and the ladies are starting to campaign, but what else can we look forward to for homecoming this year? This year’s theme for the homecoming activities is Disney. So all the sororities and fraternities are going to team up and make Disney floats for the Homecoming Parade.

I assure you that even if you aren’t involved in any of the float building or groups, homecoming is a great time to be a Mountaineer. There is Airbands, which is a cheerleading/ gymnastics competition, that any group can enter into, and is held annually on the “green” outside of the Mountainlair. There is also Mountaineer Idol, which is a campus wide talent show held in the ballrooms. Maybe the most important part of homecoming is the homecoming football game! 

All of these activities are a great way to get to know new people around campus and to get involved with groups or activities you weren’t interested in before. Homecoming at WVU brings everyone together and really welcomes the Mountaineers as one big family coming back home to school together.

So my word of advice for you this week is to go get involved! Help paint some banners to celebrate homecoming, get a group of friends together to go to the parade, go support the football team at the game, and vote for the campus Homecoming Queen. Break out of your shells and see what college is all about.