All You Need to Know About Morgantown’s Best Bars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

The nightlife in Morgantown is one of the many reasons WVU students are able to experience one of the best college towns in the country. Below is a list of the best bars that I have found to provide a night to remember, or in some cases not remember. 

Bent Willeys: The only class act of Morgantown

A Morgantown bar that actually has lasted longer than a year. It’s spacious and has multiple rooms. The best part of the layout is the outside patio which is the perfect way to welcome summer in. The bar may be too nice for Morgantown standards which may be the reason it’s a fan favorite. It provides drinks that aren’t served out of a plastic bottle, so keeping some standards is necessary here.

Lux: The above ground rave

The house music craze has found a home, LUX. Formally known as Karma, LUX transformed into a “ Do you even go here” bar into the bar to be at. Great for date parties, mixers, and late night bar hopping, LUX typically has a large crowd. The bartenders are some campus celebrities so it always is fun ordering a drink. Along with the known bartenders is music from some of our own. DJ’s at LUX are typically WVU students, including the BendHer Bros. This combines a love of house music, lighting to flatter everyone, and a place to go if you want to see every chapter of Greek Life. 

Fat Daddys: The Circus 

Think Dave and Busters. Arcade games mixed with sports on the television makes it  a great casual bar that doesn’t give off a club vibe. Unique about Fat Daddys is that provides drunchies. It provides greasy food to compliment a beer on gameday. This bar is a hotspot on the weekend for football, but the real time to come is Tuesday. Tequila and Tacos, what more do I need to say? So why not start the weekend on Tuesday and begin making mistakes three days before everyone else. If your not sold enough,  Fat Daddys also had donkeys on Cinco de Mayo and set the world record for Fireball shots.  

Cellar: The necessary mistake

Leave your dignity and nice clothes at home. Cellar isn’t exactly what you would consider to be a nice bar, but it is something that needs to be experienced. Although you can mentally prepare all you want, no one is ever prepared for the dungeon. 50 cent pitchers, 18year olds, and no lighting in a basement makes for the perfect freshman mistake. Embarrassment and disgust are normal feelings the next day, but I guarantee it’ll provide a good laugh and an even better story. 

Honorable mention: Rain

Not a day goes by where I don’t think about the memories Rain gave to me. A bar with no standards and no judgement. A haven for late night because for some reason all roads went to Rain. Not to mention I don’t think it ever closed. I found this to be true as  one day I saw people crawling out at noon the next day. Along with no closing there were no rules. Sure anyone can hop behind the counter and bartend. Why not rip the doors of the bathroom down? You’re feeling a little frisky, no need to leave! Stay we all want to see! Thank you Rain for truly showing me the meaning of anarchy. You will be forever missed.