6 Fashion Trends That Should Have Never Happened

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

For whatever reason, amongst some truly great trends we will come across certain clothing items that should just have never happened. Below I have included a number of my personal least desirable trends.

1. Harem Pants

I do not know why these pants had to happen or why they had to become so popular. Unless you plan on being Aladdin for Halloween, I see no plausible reason for these pants to be worn.

2. Fedoras

As I scanned fashion websites for pictures of this trend, I was oddly surprised by how cute some girls pulled off this statement piece. Realistically, I cannot see a fedora working out for the average fashionista.

3. Sneaker Wedges

I can’t possibly think of a stranger trend than the infamous sneaker wedges. Did people aspire to have their feet double in size? 

4. Chokers

The 90s were a peculiar and dark time for fashion. I remember wearing my choker in elementary school. I also remember my hair being consistently caught all around it.

5. Boot-cut Jeans

To this day, I am still attempting with great difficulty to suppress the memory of the boot cut jeans I had once owned. Nothing was more fabulous than having to deal with the bottoms dragging on the ground and the great feeling every time I accidentally stepped on them for being too long.

6. This Monstrosity

To conclude this list, I have stumbled upon this beauty. If there were even a point to owning this shirt, I wouldn’t even know where to begin. If your shirt involves your entire bra being exposed, I would suggest  burning it and trying something else.