The 6 Emotions Before A New Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

It’s time for the spring semester to begin, already.  Wow, winter break flew by!  As we approach the first day back on campus, we all are experiencing different emotions.  

1. Excitement

Yay!  I love my school; I love my friends; I love going out on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday!  You can’t help but feel excited about all your favorite things at WVU that you’ve more than missed over break.  Timing feels just perfect.

2. Nervous

Should I have registered for 18 credit hours this semester?  I’ve never had a class on Evansdale before; I’m never going to find my class.  What was I thinking when I registered for statistics?  It’s normal to be nervous about a new semester, but when life gives you Calc 2, you get a tutor.

3. Sadness

You’ve had a great winter break at home with your family and old friends, and you aren’t ready to say goodbye just yet.  In fact, you wonder if it’s possible to pack them in your suitcase and bring them back to Morgantown with you.  

4. Happiness

You are so happy for spring semester.  Warm weather coming eventually is enough to make you happy.  You are happy to attend basketball games, and you’re happy to begin planning your kick-butt spring break trip with your closest friends.  Spring semester is pure bliss.

5. Disgust

Ugh, I don’t even want to think about waking up for 8 a.m. classes, exams, or studying in general.  My brain is just not ready for that.  

6. Content

After the whirlwind of emotions, you settle with content.  It’s time to kick this semester’s butt and have fun doing it.  You are ready to take on whatever it throws at you.

Welcome back, Mountaineers!

Kaitlyn is a senior print journalism major at West Virginia University with a minor in music performance.  She enjoys writing, playing music, being outdoors and binge watching Netflix.
  I grew up in Charleston, West Virginia. Growing up here I knew there was a possibility of going to West Virginia University my entire life. Although I decided to start my college career at the University of Kentucky, those country roads led me back to WVU in the spring of my sophomore year. This was also the point when I decided to establish myself as a Broadcast Journalist student. Since this point I have strived to become the best possible journalist I can be. I am currently working as a weekend reporter for WDTV-Channel 5 in Clarksburg, West Virginia. Prior to receiving this position, I worked as an intern with WCHS-tv/FOX11, in the summer of 2014, where I learned critical editing, interviewing, writing, and speaking skills. I worked closely with anchors, reporters, editors, directors, producers, and even the web team. Aside from the television industry, I am the Campus Correspondent for the West Virginia University Chapter of the online entertainment magazine, Her Campus. Another position I currently hold is the Social Media Chair of WVU’s Radio Television Digital News Association Chapter. In the Fall of 2012, I became a sister of the Alpha Phi Fraternity, in which I held the position of ‘Big Sister Chairman.’ My other passions include horse back riding, scuba diving, being outdoors, and running. I am very adventurous and I try to stay well rounded. My goal in life is to live life to the fullest and be the best possible version of myself. My ultimate goal would be to earn a spot as a reporter/anchor for Fox News, New York. I plan to graduate in December of 2016 and look forward to my future.