This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Instagram stories have taken off quite a bit over the past year, and now most people seem to prefer it over Snapchat. This makes it easier for beauty and skincare experts to reach their audience and build their platform, all while sharing one of their passions to the world.

It’s safe to say that skin care has come a long way in the past few years, having changed dramatically when it comes to ethical and beauty standards. If you’re like me, you’re always on the lookout for more advice from the girls who know it best. To save your skin care routine, here are a few of the best Instagrammers with killer beauty routines.

1. @madisenonmadison

Madisen Theobald, Allure Magazine’s social media manager, gets to test out beauty products for Allure’s Best of Beauty Awards every year, so she’s your girl when it comes to the latest in beauty and skin care trends. She posts often on her stories about her own skin care routine and what she finds works best from the beauty closet in Allure.

2. @verapapisova

Vera Papisova is Teen Vogue’s previous features editor, and she often posts on her Insta stories to discuss abusive relationships and sexual health. But this doesn’t mean she’s a stranger to skin care! She’s a minimalist when it comes to makeup, so she’s a perfect candidate to check out when you need some tips for yourself. She also has a story highlight dedicated to skin care and an IGTV episode where she goes through her morning skin care routine.

3. @sortofobsessed

Adri doesn’t have any story highlights, but she posts aesthetically-pleasing content regularly on her profile, featuring her favorite and most recommended skin care products. Her captions are lengthy and offer insight and a peek inside her own skin problems, making her relatable to her audience and helpful to those who are curious about the products she talks about.

4. @heymichellelee

Allure Magazine’s editor-in-chief Michelle Lee is the beauty and skincare master. She posts stories almost every day about different skin care products, answers questions her followers have and talks often about her self-care routine. And as a bonus, she posts nail content and inspiration every day.

5. @goalstogetglowing

Vanessa prides herself as a skin care blogger and has multiple story highlights for different products, so it’s super easy to find what you’re looking for. Her posts and stories are super helpful and full of information, so you’re sure to be able to study up when you visit her profile.

When it comes to what we put on our faces, we’ve taken a giant step in a positive direction. If you’re like me, you might still be a little shaky and nervous when it comes to trying new products, but watching these wonderful women work their magic is incredibly inspiring! 

Madison is an alumna of West Virginia University. She's a Pittsburgh native and a Primanti Bros. sandwich connoisseur, who dreams of living in a beach house one day and filling it with Great Danes.
Her Campus at West Virginia University