13 Things Girls Freak out over for No Reason

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

1. Shortening “okay” to “ok.”

Everyone is guilty of overthinking the texts we get. One of the worst ones to receive is an uncharacteristic spelling change of the word “okay”. Especially coming from a girlfriend, this could mean the start of WWIII.

2. Its been 20 minutes and still no reply??

If you take too long, you’re a jerk. If you reply too quickly you’re a creep. There really is no winning in the texting game.

3. Ending up as a crazy cat lady.

Have you ever been just sitting there minding your own business when suddenly you start thinking of your future. From there its just a downward spiral of what if’s that all eventually end in a fluffy robe surrounded by cats… Wait, why is that so bad again?

4. Being late for work.

First you dropped your entire makeup bag, then you couldn’t find your shirt, and now your keys are playing hide and seek all by themselves. Realistically your boss can stand a few minutes without you, but of course in your mind if you’re late you’re fired. Bye-bye job.

5. Gaining weight.

So you had an extra slice of pizza and suddenly you’ve put on ten pounds over night? We’ve all been there, I promise you’re still gorgeous!

6. “Are you mad at me?”

Along with misinterpreting texts comes misinterpreting body language. Have you ever just had a day where you’re in a bad mood for no reason? Don’t worry, so has everyone else.

7. Teachers plotting against you

We have all had that one class where the instructor seems impossible to crack. Never a smile, or a joke, just cold hard knowledge. Little do they know, we can be professionals too.

8. Being seen with the wrong people

Sitting next to someone you don’t know is uncomfortable enough, but that’s nothing compared to being near someone you can’t stand. But what about being seen with someone you’ve gossiped about nonstop, only to be spotted with them later that week. Embarrassing!

9. Not being able to find your clothes

For some reason every one knows of, but has never met, the goblin that lives in our driers. He waits and lurks to steal our socks and favorite blouses.

10. Don’t touch my hair.

You wake up feeling good and sassy, so you throw a little more effort into your gorgeous locks… and then someone decides that they MUST mess it up. Uh-uh, NOPE.

11. Group projects

The second the teacher says the dreaded word “group” you are immediately set into a survival panic mode. But suddenly it stops… because now you’re stuck with the most useless partners in the class. Congratulations, you’re the group leader.

12. “Why is he still talking to her?”

Everything is fine, you’re in love. But there’s jut one problem… the girl he won’t stop talking to. Friends or not, she is now your enemy.

13. Freaking out

Don’t worry, you’re not crazy or irrational, just anxious. It’s natural!

Just a Freshman trying to survive
I am originally from Westchester, New York. I came to WVU for my undergrad in Strategic Communications with an emphasis on Public Relations and a minor in Sports Communication. My involvment on campus includes blogging for Her Campus, a sister of Alpha Phi, the assistant director of the media team on the Mountaineer Maniacs executive board and lastly, an athletic communications intern with the WVU Athletic Communications office. I will be graduating in May of 2017 and I am looking forward to getting started with my future career in Journalism and Public Relations!