Whimsy Wednesday: Wintery Weather Must Haves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Hello and welcome back! We’ve missed you while we were away, but don’t you worry; Whimsy Wednesday is here with some wintery must-haves for the chilly spring semester.

1. Hats

Hat hair is a genuine concern; that I can agree with. However, the truth is that you lose a large percentage of body heat through your head if it isn’t covered up. So at least when it comes to the frigid 20 degree days like we’ve been having here at Willy P, I say pick a hat that you can keep on in class that will keep your beautiful, little head warm!

2.Gloves

I’ve seen plenty collegiettes with bare hands out in blistery winds, and my own hands scream with pain from the cold that your hands must be feeling. Gloves are defnitely one of those common sense items that we never seem to have. I try to keep more than one pair handy because I’ll always be missing one when I need a pair most.

3. Bean Boots (or any other water proof/snow boot)

These stylish and trendy boots may just be my preference, but these multitasking boots are the epitome of fall/autumn footwear. If you’re from the New England area, these boots are no stranger to you, I am sure. However, it does take a certain type to really enjoy this style of boot. If you’re not into the Bean Boot, try another style (like BOGS) — just make sure its water proof, warm and comfortable for those snowy days or freezing rains.

4. Fleece-Lined Leggings or Stockings

Once again, maybe just a me thing, but sometimes I really — and I mean really — hate pants. On those days, fleece-lined leggings and stockings are my savior. I will almost everytime opt to wear a dress over pants, and I have no shame. But my trick to staying cute and chic in the winter is definintely these toasty babies.

I hope you all are staying toasty warm during these blistery winter days and hope you start this semester on the right (warm) foot!

Photo credit: Courtesy of Ana Valentin on Polyvore

Ana Valentin is a freshman at William Paterson with a wrong major in Environmental Science but will be transferring in the spring to Elementary Special Education and English Creative Writing, She has a burning love for all things glitter, beautiful, and fashionable. You'll probably find her in the student cafe sucking down a machiatto. If you do, feel free to say hello. She likes those too.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"