This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

I know we are all looking forward to Hocus Pocus 2, but here are some other scary movies to enjoy!!

1. FRESH

If you like horror movies with a good twist, and are interested in movies that have good social commentary on things like what it is like dating in 2022, then this is your movie. This movie is a 10/10, not for jump scares or for gore, but just the twists and turns you face while watching this movie. This movie also stars Sebastian Stan and Daisy Edgar-Jones, who are phenomenal actors.

2. THE AUTOPSY OF JANE DOE

One of my personal favorites on this list, this movies has jump scares and with its small budget, takes place in only a morgue under the house of a coroner. It stars Emile Hirsch from Into the Wild and Brian Cox who do an amazing job acting, and it kept me at the edge of my seat. I think it is extremely underrated.

3. HEREDITARY

This movie will personally haunt me forever. It explores a dysfunctional family whose Grandmother’s death is significant to the slow unraveling of each character. It is the kind of movie you can watch once and remember forever. It has jump scares and gore and the cast does an amazing job of showing the impact of loss and isolation.

4. PANS LABRINTH

This movie is in Spanish, but even if you don’t speak any, the subtitles weren’t hard to keep up with at all. This a very dark movie about a little girl in Spain living under a dictators rules during World War II, and she encounters mystical beings on her journey. This movie has a lot of things to say about society, but will forever be a beautiful and spooky movie to enjoy.

5. Anything by Jordan Peele of course

I recently saw NOPE in theaters and it is thrilling content with a great cast. It explores a family of Hollywood horse ranchers that start to experience strange phenomenons around the ranch after the main protagonist’s (Daniel Kaluuya) father suddenly dying. I highly, highly recommend, and shout out to his other movies Get Out and Us, which I also strongly recommend.

For my true crime fans out there, some honorable TV series mentions:

6. Conversations with a Killer: John Wayne Gacy Tapes – horrible to learn about, but a good documentary

7. Dahmer – a new series on Netflix you can watch, very interesting and my condolences go out to the families of the serial killers listed

8. Conversations with a Killer – about Ted Bundy, a great one as well!

The future of civilization rests in the fate of the One Ring, which has been lost for centuries. Powerful forces are unrelenting in their search for it, but fate has placed it in the hands of a young Hobbit named Frodo Baggins. He inherits the ring and steps into legend. A daunting task lies ahead for Frodo…