Top 7 Dates To Do This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Hey there, pretty collegiettes! Classes are back in session, the PSL (Pumpkin Spiced Latte) has arrived at Starbucks, and the weather is getting cooler. Don’t let that autumn chill take the heat out of your love life! There are tons of date ideas that won’t burn a whole in your pocket during these fall months.

1.      Go Apple Picking

Who doesn’t love picking some juicy apples? Whether it’s at an apple orchard or in your own backyard, apple picking is fun and cheap! When you get home, spend some time making an apple pie to warm up not just the kitchen but maybe another spark or two! Alstede Farms in Chester is one I reccommend, it’s close and a drive through the country side is always a plus.

2.      Go to a Haunted House

A haunted house is a great way to get close with someone. Cling close to them, or hold their hand to show that you’re afraid. Your partner’s protective side will come out, And if it’s vice versa, hey, you get to see their vulnerable side minus a few chick flicks and tears!

3.      Carve Pumpkins

Pumpkin carving is a cute and fun way to get to know someone, especially on a first date. It’s a good way to show your creative side, and you create lasting memories.

4.      Have a Scary Movie Marathon

Curl up on the couch next to your partner and have an all-night scary movie marathon. When you are scared, hide your face in their neck so they can protect you. This is a great date idea if you don’t have a lot of funds or don’t feel like going out for the night.

5.      Go on a Hay Ride

There is nothing more romantic than sitting back and relaxing with a nice hay ride. Passing corn fields and changing trees, it’s definitely a fall staple. There is no one better to spend it with than the person you care most about.

6. Thrift Stores

From summer to fall there is a dramatic weather change, get ready for chilling nights in a cool new flannel. Why spend $20-$35 on a flannel at a department stores when thrift stores sell them for under $10. Not big on flannels? Don’t worry thrift stores also offer a wide verity of other cozy items like sweaters, drug rugs, and jackets. Or you can take this date into a different route, and see who can find the most outrageous or hideous outfit. 

7. Hiking

Break in your new flannels while going for a hike. Take advantage of the beauty that nature has to offer. Pack a picnic lunch or snacks like fresh fruit, along with a blanket for relaxing. Hiking is known for providing people with peace and quiet take advantage of the quiet on a personal level. As you wander through the trails talk about your dreams and goals.It’s a sure way to build a deeper bond and know the person inside as well as out.

Hopefully, some of these fall dates can get you and your partner closer together and beat the autumn chill!

Nonny Muss is a placeholder name for articles written by HC WPUNJ staff writers. If we're crediting Nonny, it means that the real author hasn't yet made an account on the site. Sorry, Nonny, but you don't get any of the credit.
Editor-In-Chief of HCWPUNJ, Junior majoring in Early Childhood Education with TSD and English, a blogger and Disney Princess in Training. You can usually find me in the gym, in my room blogging or at a local coffee shop having a great cup of tea or coffee with my laptop writing away.