This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

We’re halfway done with the semester, collegiettes, and we think it’s time to indulge in our favorite past time… procrastination! Her Campus WPUNJ has scoured the interwebs and narrowed it down to our top 10 favorite sites for procrastination (aside from Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram, of course!).

1. BuzzFeed

You will laugh, cry and scream; it really is the greatest thing on earth. – BuzzFeed is a site that can show you a snapshot of viral internet news stories. You can also post “badges” to posts by users and staff that you feel are worthy of an “EW” or an “LOL.”

2. Alloy

Let’s shop till we drop and then take quizzes that completely explain our lives. – Alloy Apparell online is not just an internet site for purchasing clothes. The site is jam-packed full of entertainment and media news, articles on topics like life or boys or style, chances to win awesome prizes and contests, fun quizzes, daily horoscopes, and more! You can spend hours just browsing the site and seeing everything it’s got to offer. (Not to mention the shopping – you could easily spend hours shopping.)

3. Awkward Family Photos

After this you will love your family a little bit more. – Awkward Family Photos collects all kinds of awkward, uncomfortable, and just downright disturbing family portraits from all across the vast interwebs. Whether everybody’s got a mullet or Dad’s wearing a sparkly bodycon dress, you’re guaranteed to see your family as infinitely less embarrassing after just a minute of browsing.

4. Incredibox

Make that beautiful music! – Incredibox lets you experiment with different kinds of effects, beats, melodies, choruses, and voices to make a cool composition. It’s as easy as drag, drop, and listen – and it’s terribly addicting. 

5. Cracked

Like to read things that are completely irrelevant but still cool and which you can maybe reference later on in life? Well Cracked is the perfect hub for anyone who knows a little bit about a lot. – Cracked.com features articles, “quick fixes,” videos, and user-made photoplasty contests all focused on a wide variety of topics and subjects. You can see what it would be like if If Disney Cartoons Were Historically Accurate, learn The 5 Ugly Lessons Hiding in Every Superhero Movie, or discover 27 Insane (But True) Early Versions of Famous Characters. There’s so much content that it’ll take you ages to get through it all!

6. Pinterest

If you haven’t heard of this site, then you must be living under a rock. – Pinterest is like your own, personal online bulletin board. You can use it to keep track of crafty DIY ideas, plan your future wedding, save recipe ideas for when you finally figure out how to use that stand-up mixer you got for Christmas, or even to look at general things related to fashion, geekiness, sports, and more. Best part? You don’t have to worry about pinpricks from virtual thumbtacks!

7. The Onion

Slightly offensive but completely hilarious, The Onion is the best news source in town… as long as you’re not looking for legitimate news. – The Onion is known for its real-looking headlines and news stories and the absolute internet uproar they tend to cause. If you catch wind that the Washington Redskins changed their name to the D.C. Redskins or that Tea Party leaders announced their support for Obamacare in exchange for the President’s daughter, Malia, you should probably make sure the source is not The Onion.

8. Tech Crunch

Are you a science major or a little bit nerdy? This is the site for you and me. – Tech Crunch has all the latest news on popular and upcoming technology products. Whether it’s news on the new iPad or a cool new invention, you’ll get the scoop from TechCrunch.

9. CollegeHumor

Seems fitting, huh? – CollegeHumor is a humor site aimed specifically at college-aged adults (and yes, we are, in fact, adults). There are articles, graphs, charts, infographics, videos, and even “Rough Love” confessions about dating and “Roommate Confessions” (the latter should come with a warning: Do not try at home!). There’s always something new to keep you laughing into the wee hours of the morning.

10. Imgur

It’s our own personal picture book. Few words and lots of modern day humor. – Imgur is a free, online web-hosting site complete with a social community based on user comments. New pictures are uploaded and curated constantly, which makes the site endlessly amusing. It’s like a mix of flickr, instagram, memebase, and deviantArt – there’s something here for everybody.

Happy Procrastinating, collegiettes!

My name is Lauren Marvin and I am on exchange from New Mexico. I love to write and I am very passionate about unbiased, truthful journalism. My favorite part of my day is choosing what personality my clothes should portray. I spend most of my free time watching the news, Pinterest or at the gym and subsequently eating what I just burned off. I love a challenge and I am determined to succeed at whatever I am faced with. 
Christine is the Co-Founder and former Editor-in-Chief of the WPUNJ branch of Her Campus. She graduated summa cum laude in May 2015 with BAs in English Literature and Secondary Education and a minor in Creative Writing. Christine currently lives in Maryland and likes to visit Washington, DC (but a little part of her will always miss New Jersey). She loves to edit and aspires to write the great American novel... eventually. In her free time, she enjoys reading, writing, hanging out with her husband and corgi puppy, fangirling over Marvel superheroes and Rothy's shoes, and watching Netflix.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"