Reasons Why You Should Purchase a Kindle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

For Christmas, my sister gifted me a Sage Green Kindle Paperwhite. I had been talking about getting one for a while because I wanted to start reading more books and as a college student, the e-reader is much more convenient. While I do miss physically holding a book and turning each page, I wouldn’t give up my Kindle! Here are some reasons why you should consider purchasing one as well!

• Saving Money

My Kindle Paperwhite was purchased on Amazon. I have the Sage Green Kindle Paperwhite 2018 generation that cost around $130 (it is currently on sale for around $100). This device is waterproof and includes ads (purchasing without ads costs more). While $130 is pretty pricey, I definitely recommend investing in an e-reader if you are constantly reading!

• Customizable

The best thing about my Kindle is that it’s customizable. Do you want to be able to read at night without a lamp? Kindle has settings where you can adjust the lighting! If it’s still too bright for you then put it on the Dark Mode feature! You also have the ability to change the font and its size to fit your preference!

• Variety of books

If you are an avid reader, I definitely suggest purchasing a subscription for Kindle Unlimited. It provides you with a vast variety of books and saves you money. If it wasn’t for this subscription, I would be spending so much money by constantly purchasing books. Kindle Unlimited currently offers a trial period and I definitely suggest testing it out! There are many deals, such as receiving a 2-month free trial before committing to the subscription.

• Convenient

If you like having a book with you wherever you go I suggest buying a kindle! You can have many books downloaded on it without having to carry them all. It’s the perfect lightweight device! You can have all your books in one place which makes it very convenient to switch between books. I’m able to walk around campus with multiple books loaded onto one device, and depending what mood I’m in I can always switch my book and pick a new one!

Dayana is a sophmore at William Paterson University and is majoring in Accounting