Pre-Game Cocktails For Your Homecoming Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.
Happy Homecoming Week, Collegiettes!  What are you planning on drinking this weekend? We got some easy and delicious ideas for you and your friends. Spice up your tailgate with these drinks and cocktails to have a great homecoming!

Apple Cinnamon Sangria:

This is a recipe that needs some early prepping, but it is so good and easy that it is totally worth it!

Recipe:

1. 1 bottle Pinot Grigio
  2. 2 ½ cups of apple cider or sparkling cider
  3. FIREBALL! FIREBALL FIREBALL!
  4. 6 Apples
  5. 1 cup of club soda

Directions:

1. Chop up the apples and place in a bowl.  Soak apples in fireball for about 4 hours. (pour to taste)
  2. Drain apples from bowl and put in a pitcher. Pour other ingredients and stir! Stir! Stir!

Sammy Adams Oktoberfest Beer

More of a beer drinker? Try the Samuel Adams festive fall brew! Perfect way to kick off the month of October and enjoy some football.

Pioneer Margarita!

Okay, maybe I stole this from FSU BUT it still would be a perfect and easy tailgate cocktail! Just use orange Gatorade to show off your school spirit!

Recipe:

1. 3 oz. of tequila
  2. 3 oz. lime juice
  3. 8 oz. orange Gatorade

Directions:

Stir and Enjoy!

Fumble Punch

Not everyone is a whiskey drinker, but Jack Honey has a sweet kick to it! So make it to your taste!

Recipe:

1. Jack Honey
  2. Cranberry Juice
  3. Orange Juice
  4. Orange Slices

Directions:

stir and enjoy!!

We hope everyone has a safe and happy homecoming! And whether you decide to try these cocktails or not, drink responsibly cause we all know the yummier things taste, the more dangerous they are! Go Pioneers! xoxo

Alexis hails from Bergen County, New Jersey and is a junior at William Paterson University. To her friends she's known as Alexis or Lex. She studies Media Production and Graphic design and plans to study marketing or sports management. She also works for WPU Recreational Services as a Fitness Center attendant and videographer. Alexis is a sports junkie, especially for the New York Yankees. She also loves film, television, social media, and playing sports. Her dream one day is to work in the sports media industry whether it is behind the scenes or being the next Erin Andrews! Her favorite shows are Friends and Friday Night LIghts, her favorite movies are The Dark Knight trilogy and Back To The Future. She enjoys all music from Rap to Country. She can mostly be found either studying in Hobart Hall or working out in the Rec Center.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"