My Top 5 Favorite Crystals to Use During School: From a Beginner Crystal User!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Since the school year is upon us once again. I thought it would be perfect to let you know some of my favorite crystals to use during the school semester. Personally, I have just recently started using crystals. You can keep crystals in your backpack, pockets, and you can even wear them! Remember to always cleanse them once you buy them! You can use a selenite stone, incense, and many other cleansing forms that work best for you.

1. Amethyst
  • Amethyst was the first crystal I bought. Since I am an Aquarius and Amethyst being our birthstone, I felt a strong connection to the crystal the very second my eyes landed on it. This crystal promotes inner healing and balance of mind, body and spirit. It’s balance therefore promotes intuition, calmness and stress relief, which is perfect during an exam when you’re anxious. 
  1. Tigers Eye
  • Tigers eye is a perfect crystal to boost confidence, protection and will help you reach your goals. This stone enhances willpower, self confidence, good luck and brings prosperity. This stone is also a perfect stress reliever! 
  1. Larvikite
  • Larvikite is an excellent crystal for students! It is used to enhance one’s understanding, memory capacity, and clarity of thought. This stone helps you achieve your goals and improves your learning.
  1. Fluorite
  • Fluorite helps with mental focus, clarity, concentration and memory. This stone helps to draw off stress and negative energy. It also promotes decision making, quick thinking and absorption of new knowledge. A perfect stone to help you maintain focus while you’re studying and end your procrastination!
  1. Carnelian 
  • This crystal increases personal power, motivation, courage, and boosts initiative and determination. Mentally, Carnelian focuses on analytical capabilities, deeper concentration and keeps out interrupting thoughts. Since this stone gives you courage, it can be helpful when taking exams and also during presentations.
Dayana is a sophmore at William Paterson University and is majoring in Accounting