This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

I’m the type of person who will rewatch entire seasons of the same shows I’ve already seen. This is why I believe that you should trust me when I say that you HAVE to watch these 5 show recommendations that are currently on Netflix! I would rate all these shows a 10/10. I hope you take my advice and watch these shows and love them as much as I do! Happy viewing!

Grey’s Anatomy

If you’ve never heard about Grey’s Anatomy then you have been living under a rock! The first time that I watched this show I couldn’t stop! I binge watched the entire show (13 seasons at the time) throughout my summer. It focuses on the main character Meredith Grey who starts off as a surgical intern. The show follows her life and the lives of her close friends and family. It’s filled with multiple love interests that you’re bound to ship at least one! Contains drama, plot twists, and amazing cliff hangers. It genuinely never fails to keep me on the edge of my seat

Jane the Virgin

I absolutely ADORE Jane the Virgin. This show is about Jane Villanueva, the daughter of Xiomara Villanueva, who had given birth to Jane when she was a teenager. Jane was determined to be different from her mother and not repeat the same mistakes. She had her life on track, studying to be a teacher (her dream job), and was engaged to a detective who respected her decision to remain a virgin until marriage (her dream man!). Her life quickly derails once she goes to the doctor for a routine check up, but actually gets accidentally artificially inseminated by a specimen that was meant for another patient. Jane then learns that the father of her child is one of her past flings AND he had just become her boss! If that doesn’t want to make you want to watch the show then I don’t know what will!

Gilmore Girls

This is one of my favorite shows and I’m currently rewatching it for the fourth time! This show follows the lives of Lorelai Gilmore and her daughter, Rory Gilmore. Lorelai had become pregnant with Rory at the age of sixteen and decided to leave her childhood home and raise Rory in a town called Stars Hollow, away from her parents. Lorelai, now in need of her parents help to send Rory to a private school, welcomes her parents fully back into her and Rory’s lives as they go to their house every Friday night for family dinners, per their agreement. The show focuses on the relationship Lorelai has with her parents, how they are different, and how she chooses to raise Rory in a different manner than she was raised by her mother. While Emily and Richard Gilmore treated their relationship with Lorelai as parents and daughter, her relationship with Rory is more of a friendship. Gilmore Girls is a wonderful show with heartfelt moments, drama, relationships and much more. I highly recommend watching this show!

New Girl

New Girl is absolutely hilarious and a MUST watch! Shortly after going through a rough breakup, a woman named Jess moves out of the home she once shared with her boyfriend, and moves into a loft with three male strangers, Nick, Schmidt, and Winston. In addition to Jess’s best friend Cece, they all form a dysfunctional heartwarming friendship. The show revolves about them and their friendship, love lives and their crazy adventures along the way.

Schitt’s Creek

Schitt’s Creek is a show about the Rose Family who up until now, had lived an extremely privileged and rich life. They lost all of their fortune and became broke overnight, having their lives turned upside down as they are forced to leave their mansion and move Schitt’s Creek, which was a town that they had originally purchased as a joke. The Rose family now facing poverty comes together as a family and come rely on one another. The series finale of Schitt’s Creek provides excellent character growth and development. A perfect ending to a perfect show that made me cry my eyes out!

Dayana is a sophmore at William Paterson University and is majoring in Accounting