Music Is Just Perfection

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Have you ever heard a song and said “aww that reminds me of…..” That happens so often to everyone.

Music is more than just a good beat it is the memories associated with them that makes people feel good. Like how hearing old style Bachata reminds me of family parties and holidays and dancing. Music also brings so many emotions. Have you ever been through a break up and just had to play “We belong together” by Mariah Carey or “IDFWU” by Big Sean? Everyone has a song they put that relates to their situation. Adele’s and Lana Del Rey’s music for example is my go to when I am down about a boy or when I feel like I am in love. R&B music has a sex appeal feel that makes some people feel in love and sexy.  

At William Paterson we tend to hear the same type of beat and genere, why is that? Music of every kind should be celebrated and exposed. Our Spring Jam just occured and although everyone can’t be pleased, it would be nice if the artists were changed up every now and again to add variety. If Rowan can have American Authors, why can’t we have Walk the Moon? Or someone other than the newest trap artist. 

Music speaks to the soul. Which speaks to yours?

Born and raised in New Jersey, Bergen County, Journalism major. Writing creativly is my passion. I put my emotion in everything I write. I wish to write for a music based website or magazine and do interviewing and have my music be heard. 
Editor-In-Chief of HCWPUNJ, Junior majoring in Early Childhood Education with TSD and English, a blogger and Disney Princess in Training. You can usually find me in the gym, in my room blogging or at a local coffee shop having a great cup of tea or coffee with my laptop writing away.