Jenna Del Polito: 2014 Homecoming Queen!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Name: Jenna Del Polito         

Hometown: Jefferson, NJ

Major: Business Management

Minor: Psychology

Year: Senior

Involvement: Resident Assistant, Commuter Club member

Fun Fact: I can rap Chris Brown’s “Look At Me Now.”

Favorite Quote: “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” — Theodore Roosevelt

HC: How does it feel to be crowned this year’s Homecoming Queen?

JD: It’s surreal! I am still trying to wrap my head around it. It means so much to be able to represent the school that I love and has helped me to grow in so many ways.

HC: What was the campaigning process like?

JD: It was actually pretty hysterical. From the very beginning a few of my friends were like “We’re going to be your PR people!” and they took it very seriously. Every day a new picture would be traveling around social media reminding people to vote and where to go. A lot of the residents in my building got involved as well, mostly because as soon as they walked through the doors my coworkers and I would ask “Did you vote yet? Well did you vote? Take your time, but remember vote… like now.”

HC: Why did you decide to run for the Homecoming Court?

JD: Every year I step out of my comfort zone a little more, and this year it was more like a leap, but I am so glad that I did! My friend brought it to my attention and after thinking about it for a while I figured why not? If it has to deal with school pride, I will be one of the first people there.

HC: What else do you hope to accomplish within the next year?

JD: Graduating is the next ultimate goal! I am trying to stay focused on my grades and looking into the business honor society.

HC: What has been your greatest achievement here at WPUNJ?

JD: Besides being crowned Homecoming Queen, I would have to say sophomore year when I won Resident Assistant Rookie of the Year. It was an achievement just to be nominated, but actually winning was so fulfilling because I love my job, and to know that my coworkers saw the work I put in was so rewarding.

HC: What is your favorite thing about WPUNJ?

JD: I love the campus because it reminds me so much of home; it has a comforting appeal. Also, the people I have met here are inspiring, very easy to talk to, and supportive. Everyone seems to know somebody, and it’s nice to see people making connections instead of just coming to class and going home.

HC: How are you involved on campus?

JD: I am currently a Resident Assistant in High Mountain East and Commuter Club member. In my four years I have also been a Desk Assistant, SAPB chairperson, part of Residence Life’s Train the Trainer, completed the Pioneer Leadership Institute, and have participated in community service projects like The Suicide Prevention and Breast Cancer Walks and Habitat for Humanity.

HC: Where do you see yourself in ten years?

JD: Owning my own event planning business here in New Jersey; focusing mainly on weddings, parties, and other events. I want to be known nationwide for being innovative and bringing to life out-of-the-box ideas.

Jenna is the Co-Founder, President and Social Media & Events Director of the WPUNJ branch of Her Campus.  She is a senior Marketing major with a minor in Public Relations.  In the fall 2014 semester, she interned with In Touch, Life & Style and Closer Weekly at Bauer Publishing in the public relations department.  In the spring 2015 semester, she is interning with Jaguar Land Rover North America in the network development department.  She is the Student Representative for the PR & Marketing Committee of WPUNJ, a MTV Trendspotter for MTV Insights and blogger of collegiate advice.  She is a member of Beta Gamma Sigma and Lambda Pi Eta honor societies, and will graduate Magna Cum Laude.  Previously, Jenna worked as a Student Ambassador and Tour Coordinator in the Admissions Office at WPUNJ, was a member of the Student Public Relations Association (SPRA) and was a publicity intern for Kim "Kim D" DePaola, owner of POSCHE Boutique in Wayne, NJ, who is featured on the Real Housewives of New Jersey.  Jenna's interests include dancing, shopping and hanging out with friends.  She loves everything pink and Britney Spears!