This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Valentines Day can be fun even if you don’t have a valentine. You can be your own! Buy yourself some candy or your favorite snack and have a self care day. Self care can mean many different things so it’s ultimately up to you what you want to do. It could mean treating yourself with your favorite foods or favorite restaurant, or maybe buying something you’ve been wanting! You could take a day to de-stress and recover from a hectic schedule or do something that calms you, which could be reading, drawing, working out, watching a movie, or hanging out with friends. College is stressful so believe me, I enjoy when I can catch a break. If you’re on a budget, just go do something that makes you happy and relax. Personally, I like going to parks and taking walks while listening to my favorite music (which includes Bad Bunny, Lil Peep, and a lot of 90’s R&B) or even just walking around campus. Do what makes you comfortable and relaxed, you could stay in and watch TV if you want, whatever helps you de-stress and unwind after a busy couple weeks of the semester so far. It’s important sometimes to remember to appreciate yourself and everything you accomplish even on the daily, so be sure to take this Valentines Day to reward yourself for making it through the beginning of the semester and relax and enjoy some time to yourself.

Class of 2026. music, poetry, animals, traveling, and driving <3